JUUL was founded by former smokers, James and Adam, with the goal of improving the lives of one billion adult smokers. We envision a world where fewer people use cigarettes, and where people who smoke cigarettes have the tools to reduce or eliminate their consumption entirely, should they so desire.
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Evaluates tool designs, drives completion of tool qualifications, first article inspection, cosmetic quality, process validation, failure analysis, process changes and risk analysis at plastics and silicone molded parts suppliers. She/he will identify opportunities for process and yield improvements and cost reduction by analyzing manufacturing processes, defect/scrap data, and complaint data and trends. Supports new supplier evaluations.
New Capacity and Replacement Tooling
- Participates design reviews with key stakeholders (Product Development Mechanical Engineers, Mfg. Engineers, Plastic parts suppliers etc.) to ensure Design for Manufacturing principles are employed and all specifications are met/ risks identified
- Works closely with Mechanical Engineers to evaluate manufacturability improvements for in-production designs
- Partners with suppliers to ensure robust validation practices (DOEs, Operational Qualifications, Performance Qualifications, Test Method Validation, etc.) are utilized
- Ensures the release of robust, repeatable processes with robust, repeatable molds to production
- Interfaces with contract manufacturers and upstream plastic suppliers to support investigation of component/material issues or supply constraints and assists with troubleshooting remotely and/or on-site at the manufacturing facilities.
- Provide technical training and assistance to Juul local technical staff supporting the plastic and silicone molded parts suppliers
- Supports in search, evaluation and implementation of new suppliers and new manufacturing technologies
- Monitor and validate existing molding processes and molds to identify improvement opportunities
- Accountable for identification of risks and evaluation of solution options
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years of industry experience with 5+ years experience in plastics and/or silicone molding, tool design and/or build qualification, and molding process validation.
- 3+ years experience working with high volume consumer electronics manufacturing
- Proficiency in 3D CAD (preferably Solidworks)
- Good understanding of statistical process control, six sigma methodologies, design of experiments, lean manufacturing principles, and FMEAs
- Previous experience in working with contract manufacturers is strongly preferred
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines.
- Approximately 20-30% international travel will be expected
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities