JUUL was founded by former smokers, James and Adam, with the goal of improving the lives of the one billion adult smokers. We envision a world where fewer people use cigarettes, and where people who smoke cigarettes have the tools to reduce or eliminate their consumption entirely, should they so desire.
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
Reporting to the Director, Medical Devices, the Sr. Engineering Program Manager will report to and work closely with the Director, Medical Devices to drive engineering efforts required to successfully submit a connected device for regulatory approval. Additional responsibilities include developing and managing of complex schedules for internal and external engineering teams to help meet project timelines.
- Responsible for specification development, creation of trace matrix, risk management and leading a medical device project through its entire life cycle.
- Manage complex schedules that involve both internal and external engineering teams, as well as vendors, while prioritizing activities for rapid execution of critical path work items.
- Manage identification and development of mitigations for critical project risks.
- Lead team meetings, design/technical reviews, meeting minutes, task management and follow up action items to closure.
- 8-10 years of experience working on Class II and Class III medical devices
- Solid understanding of design controls and risk management
- Experience in agile methodology (Jira, Trello)
- Previous experience with wearables (nice to have)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid experience in preparing technical files for supporting regulatory submissions (including CE mark, US FDA)
- Strong previous program management experience working with R&D electrical and software engineering teams
- Understanding of all relevant standards to support medical device product development
- BS, MS in electrical engineering, computer science or biomedical engineering.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles