JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Sr. Mechanical Automation Engineer will be joining an incredibly talented group of engineers on our R&D team tasked with bringing new technologies and major product innovations to the engineering group within JUUL Labs. This is a high-visibility position that will expose you to rewarding challenges and career growth opportunities.
This is a hands-on role that will be responsible for designing new test equipment and fixtures that are innovative, cost efficient, reliable, and delivered on time. This role will require working with cross-functional teams to ensure that project requirements are managed to achieve optimal experiences for internal customers. In addition, the Senior Mechanical Engineer Automation will work closely with internal and external partners to technically define designs and ensure that all product and project requirements are met. You will troubleshoot and make improvements to existing test instrumentation products, and work closely with other members of the engineering staff to create optimal solutions to difficult design, structural, thermal, and automation issues. You will be a natural at sketching, 3D modeling, and prototyping new ideas and be familiar with engineering best practices, GD&T, concepts and procedures. We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes. The person in this role should be a strong communicator who is able to lead effectively and work effectively with peers and management alike in a high-paced global environment.
- Responsible for the overall design, analysis, documentation and functional validation of mechanical components and assemblies.
- Lead the development of JUUL Labs’ R&D test equipment automation activities.
- Maintaining communication within the development team to promote an effective design process.
- Cross-functional organization, communication, and management
- Occasional travel to support external vendors
- Conduct and manage rapid feasibility studies to design for mechanical robustness, schedule, and performance.
- Facilitate design reviews.
- Work directly with external vendors to handoff equipment development.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of relevant Mechanical Engineering experience in one or more of the following areas: test equipment engineering, new product release, manufacturing support.
- Experience with medical devices or other regulated products is desirable.
- Experience in designing products, fixtures, or equipment using a broad range of processes and materials.
- Experience with the development and integration of electro-mechanical components, such as flex circuits, batteries, and antennae.
- Expertise in one (or more of) the areas of: Statistical Analysis, Design of Experiments, FEA, CFD, Thermal Design, DFMEA, DFA.
- Expertise in 3D CAD, Solidworks strongly preferred.
- An ability to communicate well with cross-functional team members, efficiently collaborate to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering community.
- Domestic and international travel up to 10%.
- Ability to multi-task or focus on detailed problems, and tenacity to drive issues until resolved.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, team player, with a strong desire to learn new skills and grow.
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles