JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for a qualified Material Scientist to contribute to R&D initiatives. The candidate is a high energy, enthusiastic, effective individual contributor working to lead R&D projects. You will be working hands-on alongside other scientists and engineers in the lab, furthering basic understanding of critical materials interactions, conducting experiments to characterize Juul and other products, and assisting the engineering team to design, analyze and test prototypes. You are a flexible, out of the box thinker, a hands-on scientist, a good communicator, and have significant practical experience developing and using chemical/physical laboratory techniques.
- Lead efforts in materials science topics regarding Juul and other e-cigarette products
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other scientists and engineers in R&D to develop new technologies.
- Investigate novel materials for use in device components
- Utilize and troubleshoot analytical methods and instrumentation
- Stay current on literature in the field
- Train and mentor junior scientists/research associates
- Execute experiments to test ENDS products and prototypes
- Write and present reports on test results
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of industry or academic (chemical, pharma, biotech) experience required
- Significant hands-on experience and understanding of general materials science required
- Experience in plastics, metals, and/or ceramics preferred
- Experience in extractables/leachables preferred
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Enthusiasm and scientific integrity
- Ph.D in Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics or equivalent
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Daily catered lunch, boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the our brand new, state of the art Chemistry lab in Mountain View