JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUULpods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement an effective corporate marketing communications strategy focused on reaching governments, regulators, civil society, consumers, and prospective employees
- Develop a deep understanding of local consumer habits, practices, attitudes, perceptions within the adult smoking category
- Develop a deep understanding of the local marketing landscape across in-store, traditional media, sponsorships, and digital media.
- Build and lead a high performing regional corporate communications function
- Hire, onboard, and manage a team of communications managers
- Hire, onboard, and manage external communications and creative agencies
- Provide day-to-day strategy and executional leadership of the company’s narrative, messaging, proof points, content, and communications plan
- Build tools and strategies to mitigate media risks, and manage difficult issues as and when needed
- Develop strong relationships with the press; find the right channels and formats to deliver company’s messages and benefits
- Initiate youth prevention activity and take category ownership in leading youth prevention efforts
- Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job.
- Understands various types of business propositions and understands how businesses operate in general, learns new methods and technologies easily.
- Writes and presents effectively. Adjusts to fit the audience and the message
- Relates well to a wide variety of diverse styles, types, and classes. Open to differences; effective up, down, sideways, inside, and outside. builds diverse networks. Quick to find common ground. Treats differences fairly and equitably.
- Open to life long, continuous personal improvement. Aware of self and impact on others, responsible to feedback. Act in ways that seem contradictory and is adaptable to demand characteristics of different situations.
- Negotiates skillfully to achieve a fair outcome or promote a common cause. Communicates a compelling vision and is committed to what needs to be done; inspires others; builds motivated, high performing teams; understands what motivates different people.
- 10+ years of experience in a corporate communication role at a consumer package goods or consumer technology company
- Strong track record in leading strategy development, planning and implementation for internal and external communications.
- Superior professional presence and business acumen
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills with the capacity to build rapport with employees/ customers/ clients
- An innovative and proactive approach
- University degree or equivalent