JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUUL pods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Data Science & Product Analytics at JUUL means working with varied, messy data sets and applying analytical methods to help inform and drive business and product decisions. We are looking for output-focused problem solvers with a strong conceptual mindset and superb communication skills.
The team sees itself as analytics generalists - we choose the right technique for each problem, pride ourselves on building beautiful systems and dashboards while moving fast, and are ultimately driven by the value and insight data science can generate for the business and our customers.
Examples of projects we work on include
- Understanding user behavior as it relates to app usage, JUUL device usage, and the ways that we can improve our features and products
- Running experiments to assess whether the features we launch positively impact core metrics
- Providing insight to our executive team related to behavioral change and switching from combustible cigarettes
- Bringing visibility into our complex sales, logistics and supply chain operations
- Explaining and predicting online and offline consumer choices and consumption patterns
- Applying forecasting methods to predict future growth along a variety of KPIs
- Creating clean analytical data models and tools to help empower business and operational teams
This role offers tremendous upwards exposure towards senior business leaders and the chance to truly impact the decision making in a rapidly growing startup.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university or equivalent
- Excellent SQL skills
- Experience with scripting languages (R, Python)
- Experience with data visualization, KPI creation, and analytical report building
- World-class ability to extract and communicate insights from real-world datasets
- Proven track record delivering high-value analytics output at a technology, finance or CPG firm
- Experience leading the work of other data scientists or analysts
- 7+ years applicable experience and/or a relevant advanced degree
- Experience with Pandas, GCP/BigQuery, Tableau and Mode is a plus
YOU WILL ENJOY THE ROLE IF:
- You get excited about taking ownership of problems and solving them in a fast-paced and scrappy environment working cross-functionally with both technical and non-technical people
- You see the stories behind the data you analyze and are excited to craft the narrative that accompanies the analysis
- You are output focussed and see data science as a powerful tool to get things done rather than as an end in itself
- You are a strong critical thinker with a passion for understanding complex issues and are comfortable working on ambiguous problems
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities