Manager, Talent Acquisition
Remote Location; East Coast time zone preferred
JFF is a national nonprofit that drives transformation in the American workforce and education systems. For more than 35 years, JFF has led the way in designing innovative and scalable solutions that create access to economic advancement for all. Learn more about JFF and join us as we build a future that works.
About the position
Reporting to the Director, Talent Acquisition, the Manager, Talent Acquisition is a new role serving on a five-member People & Culture team that leads JFF’s talent function. The Manager will lead a portfolio of searches and execute all efforts to recruit and hire a diverse staff of top talent to achieve JFF’s organizational priorities. As JFF strives to build an innovative, high-performing and equity-focused culture, the Manager will maintain and improve systems and strategies to recruit a diverse slate of candidates for open roles and conduct inclusive and equitable hiring processes.
The People & Culture team is dynamic, fast-paced and results-oriented, and plays a critical role in supporting JFF’s New Horizons vision. The team is growing and has ambitious goals. Over the next three years, the People & Culture team will work together to achieve the following functional priorities:
- Align JFF’s Staffing Model to JFF’s Organizational Priorities
- Position JFF as an Employer-of-Choice
- Attract Top-Tier Talent
- Build a Learning Culture that Develops our Talent and Drives Retention
- Deploy Best-in-Class Data Systems to Support People Operations
- Build a People-Centered HR Operation that Supports the Business
It’s an exciting time to join JFF. This is a compelling opportunity for a skilled and consultative search manager who enjoys aligning talent with organizational strategy, cares deeply about diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) and its application in search management, and desires to lead challenging and fulfilling work to impact JFF’s mission of economic advancement for all.
What you'll do:
- Manage a portfolio of at least seven searches simultaneously, ranging in level and complexity across JFF and JFFLabs, and overseeing all stages of the search process from role design to offer.
- Serve as the face of JFF with candidates, ensuring timely and warm communication to support an engaging and positive experience for them with the organization.
- Use role requirements and JFF’s core competency model to accurately assess candidates through behavioral-based interviewing, and advance candidates for the hiring manager’s review in a timely manner.
- Build candidate pipelines through active and passive recruitment methods.
- Communicate effectively with hiring teams including calibrating on candidate profiles as aligned to role requirements, ensuring that each stage of the search process is equity centered.
- Identify, disrupt and address potential unconscious bias at all stages of the search process with professional judgement, nuance and generosity of spirit.
- Facilitate search-related meetings, while engaging a diverse set of internal stakeholders and driving them toward specific outcomes.
Strategic and Analytical Thinking
- Analyze talent acquisition data and metrics to inform decisions about search strategy.
- Maintain and continuously improve the systems and processes necessary to sustain a best-in-class talent acquisition function.
General People & Culture Function Support
- Support the broader People & Culture team with special projects as assigned.
Who you are:
- You have at least 3-5 years of demonstrated success managing search across varying seniority levels and functions; experience in a diversity of organizational contexts preferred.
- You possess passion for JFF’s mission and have the ability to articulate the organization’s impact areas to a range of audiences, while applying JFF’s core values to all areas of your work.
- You steward an organizational culture that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- You are a curious and adaptive learner, with a desire to continuously improve in your work and talent acquisition practice.
- You are entrepreneurial and have an ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high-growth environment with flexibility and comfort with varying degrees of ambiguity.
- You are driven by results and delight in supporting hiring teams make hires that yield high impact for JFF You can cultivate relationships.
- You understand that people are at the core of JFF's work, and you place a premium on service-orientation and contribute to positive and collaborative cultures and teams.
- You can communicate clearly and concisely in verbal and written communication.
- You are great at receiving and giving respectful and productive feedback to candidates and colleagues and view this as essential to your success in search.
- You are highly organized and know how to manage multiple projects and prioritize appropriately. You create clear and logical systems and processes to support your work and that of the organization.
- You hold high standards for confidentiality.
- You possess experience using HR/Talent data systems, e.g., ADP, Greenhouse, (preferred).
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at JFF
JFF is committed to sustaining a diverse community with a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. JFF fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and cultivates diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience.
As part of your application, please include your resume and a thoughtful cover letter, addressed to Presceia Cooper-Dennis, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
JFF offers a competitive salary and benefits package,
commensurate with experience and skills.