You will be part of a Tech Team that is passionate about tech, multinational and located in different countries. But still keeping up a great culture, spirit and commitment. Always enjoying the exchange with team members both on a professional but also personal level, your start will feel as if you have been with us for ages - in positive sense of course. ;-)
As we are rapidly expanding arround the globe, scalability and performance of our portal infrastructure is key to success. We are therefore looking for bright minds who love technology and strive for innovation together with us.
Your Course - and what we expect from you
- Maintain the infrastructure of our web applications and services.
- Identify bottlenecks and optimize the performance of our services and systems with latest technologies.
- Prepare our infrastructure to be ready to support our steadily growing user base around the globe.
- Improve our logging and monitoring solutions to deliver useful insights and identify potential issues before they become fires.
- Manage and optimize our development and qa environments.
- Manage and optimize our deployment and release processes
- Collaborate effectively with our development teams.
- Work in an international team with colleagues from all over the world.
For this exciting position, we are seeking an experienced DevOps engineer with a solid background in designing, analyzing, maintaining and troubleshooting large-scale distributed system environments.
- 4+ years of relevant large scale system operations experience.
- Strong backround in sql-based database environments.
- Experience with big data.
- Expert in Linux system administration, including storage and networks
- Thorough knowledge of continuous integration and delivery.
- Experience in delivering infrastructure services in multiple countries.
- Experience in PHP.
- High quality awareness, responsibility, motivation and team spirit.
- Proficient knowledge of English.
What you can expect on board:
Just a short overview of the technologies we are working with:
Our apps running on:
- PHP, Python, Go, Lua using Nginx, Apache2, HAProxy
DBs and Queues:
- RabbitMQ, MySQL (Percona), PostgreSQL, Redis, Memcached, more to come ...
- Docker + Swarm mode, k8s, On premise VMs (we are building hybrid cloud)
- ELK, Prometheus, Grafana, Nagios
AWS cloud built with CDK:
- EKS, ECS, RDS, ELB, CloudWatch and many more.
- Bitbucket Pipeline, Gitlab CI, Jenkins
Besides this broad technological base you will benefit from:
- A fantastic team of 75+ international people
- Great office in the heart of Hamburg or Timisoara
- Flexible working hours
- Family friendliness
- Free choice of hardware and anything else you need to excel
- Budget for conferences, training and more
- Team events all year round
- Yearly sailing week in Croatia
- Public transportation allowance
- Fresh fruits in the office plus a fridge of soft drinks
- Company lunches
- Healthy workplace
- Relocation Package/Support