Inversion was founded in 2021 with the mission to build the first affordable, high cadence return capability for the commercial and defense space industries. With launching to space becoming cheap and frequent, comparable options for return must become available to allow for a robust economy in space. We believe in a future where returning from space is as common as launching to space. Inversion is building reentry vehicles faster and cheaper than ever before through a focus on simplicity.
Electrical Engineer (Spacecraft Avionics)
Apply skills and expertise as a an electrical/avionics in challenging projects and contribute to the growth of the Inversion Avionics team. Work with multiple engineering disciplines to design, build and test flight hardware that are integral to successful flight and return of our cargo capsules. Have complete ownership of systems from cradle-to-grave and help build a new class of space vehicle set to change how humanity utilizes space.
- Create and lead initial design and analyses of space capsule avionics hardware and software from component design through integration and testing.
- Develop robust system architectures that meet specifications, qualifications, and customer requirements. These systems include power systems, telemetry and communications, critical sensors, controllers, etc.
- Coordinate needs from all subsystems (GNC, Propulsion, Structures, etc.) to implement necessary hardware and features for mission capability.
- Develop and integrate testing procedures and hardware to perform Hardware in the Loop (HITL/HIL) testing.
- Work with vendors to develop subsystems/systems with Commercial-Off-The-Shelf components and systems.
- Design and integrate mechanical systems for mounting and thermal requirements of the avionics systems.
- 4+ years’ experience with the full design, build, test cycle for electrical/avionics hardware (harnesses, connectors, PCBs, electronics).
- 4+ years’ experience with design, debugging, and manufacturing. Including hands-on experience with wire and harness soldering & PCB assembly.
- Project experience with complex electrical systems.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors' degree from in a relevant field.
- Experience implementing mixed-signal circuit boards.
- Experience with Altium Designer (or other PCB design software) and SPICE-based simulators.
- Experience working with aerospace flight hardware.
- Position may require extended work hours and weekend work.
- Position may require standing, bending, and working directly with hardware on the floor for extended periods of time.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.