Inversion was founded in 2021 with the mission to build the first affordable, high cadence return capability for the commercial and defense space industries. With launching to space becoming cheap and frequent, comparable options for return must become available to allow for a robust economy in space. We believe in a future where returning from space is as common as launching to space. Inversion is building reentry vehicles faster and cheaper than ever before through a focus on simplicity.
Business Development & Strategy
Inversion is building low-cost space capsules that return cargo back to Earth. This next-generation class of space vehicle will finally be able to provide high-frequency return of research, goods, supplies, and equipment that is critical for all future commercial activities and supply chains in space. With launch costs at an all-time low and dropping, now is the time to build these round-trip capabilities. Inversion has ambitious goals with strong financial backing to make this a reality.
Our Business Development role is the backbone of our go-to-market strategy and will support development and execution of the division's sales strategy. With a new space market blooming, and many use-cases of our capsules, BD and Sales is one of the most important and impressive aspects of what we're building.
- Lead all pipeline and forecasting efforts that inform company strategy and planning.
- Take ownership over a portfolio of business development relationships with key enterprises.
- Disseminate customer feedback and work with the engineering team to shape product direction.
- Synthesize complex information and make actionable recommendations to the leadership team.
- Work with CEO to execute on Inversion's go-to-market and business development strategy.
- Manage the sales pipeline and close deals. Manage proposal planning, preparation and submission.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering or a related field.
- 3+ years' of experience in a sales engineering or engineering role.
- 2+ years' of experience in a customer-facing role.
- 2+ years' of sales work within aerospace or a related industry.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Financial modeling and forecasting experience.
- Proposal development, writing and best practices experience.
- Experience carrying a revenue quota as an individual contributor.
- Experience with hardware, communications, or networking technologies.
- Experience at an early-stage technology startup that went to scale.
- Highly effective and professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends if needed.
- Ability to travel as needed (up to ~20%).
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.