Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role?
As a Senior Network Engineer on the Connectivity Team at Intersection you will be responsible for the design, deployment, and management of networks supporting our digital advertising and public wi-fi platforms. Our team is small and highly collaborative and engineers are expected to wear many hats. You will jump between architecture, implementation, and operations, and you will work closely with your peers and across teams to grow and streamline our collective capability. This role requires excellent client facing and communication skills. You should be a strong collaborator, creative problem solver, and someone who enjoys learning and sharing knowledge.
Within your first month you will:
- Be introduced to the Connectivity team and the teams we support
- Learn what's inside of the digital displays and smart cities kiosks we deploy
- Learn how we adapt our approach in different scenarios and with different partners
- Get up to speed with our monitoring and configuration management platforms
Within your first six months you will:
- Build on existing designs and configure devices for next phases of ongoing projects
- Work with project management and deployment engineering to generate implementation plans and Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Take operational ownership of existing deployments
- Work directly with vendors, carriers, and internal departments to execute projects an d troubleshoot network issues
- Prepare and maintain detailed and accurate technical documentation of managed networks
- Add yourself to the on-call rotation
- Identify processes we can improve with configuration management tools
You are great for this role because you can tick a bunch of these boxes:
- You have 5 years of experience working as a network engineer
- You have strong network design, configuration, and troubleshooting skills
- You have deep hands on experience with equipment from one or more of the following manufacturers: Cisco, Juniper, Ruckus, or Ciena
- You’ve worked with configuration management tools like Ansible
- You are well versed and comfortable with routing protocols including BGP, OSPF, ISIS
- You have a deep understanding of Ethernet Ring topologies
- You’ve worked with firewalls and IPSEC on Cisco ASA, Juniper SRX, or Palo Alto
- You have a working knowledge of cloud providers such as Amazon AWS or Google Cloud Platform services etc.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are passionate about clear and informative diagrams and documentation
- You are comfortable working on long term, project/milestone based work across multiple teams
- You have a working knowledge of fiber-optic communications technology including CWDM and DWDM
- You’ve acquired a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.