Who we are:
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the role?
You will manage programs and events that foster employee engagement and cultivate Intersection’s culture. Your objectives will directly impact efforts related to employee satisfaction and retention, enhancements to our culture initiatives, and improving our internal employee communication plans. You will also play a role in continuing the development of our D&I initiatives by owning our annual D&I survey, company-sponsored employee resource groups, and working with other teams to bring relevant programming to our NY headquarters and regional offices.
Within the first three to six months, you will:
- Develop and lead employee quarterly recognition efforts
- Own employee on-boarding activities
- Provide ongoing management of the employee engagement activities including Culture Committee, employee volunteerism, executive lunch roulettes, Lunch & Learns, and interactive employee events in all offices
- Deliver meaningful content through our employee newsletter, InterMission
- Own and execute quarterly Town Halls by working closely with the CEO and Executive Team on content
- Manage our external presence on Glassdoor and implement campaigns during key moments of the employee journey
- Facilitate and coordinate Diversity and Inclusion programming across the company, take ownership of ERG Programming Calendar, and liaise with senior leadership on D&I efforts
Within the first year, you will:
- Own and perform analysis on our annual diversity and inclusion survey and employee engagement survey
- Identify trends from the ESAT data and suggest action items in response
- Manage the initiatives found in the employee engagement survey to drive positive trends on key outcomes of the survey
- Maintain a pulse on employee morale and engagement, continuously identifying opportunities to create an outstanding workplace
- Drive D&I initiatives based on feedback in survey
- Drive and focus on the connectedness of the organization as a whole
- Partner with vendors to bring employee perks to offices
You are awesome for this role because you have:
- 3+ years HR and/or Diversity & Inclusion experience, added bonus if in employee engagement
- A dynamic personality - you are someone others want to connect with on a daily basis
- A proven track record of being energetic, forward-thinking and creative, while also being able to challenge assumptions
- Exceptional facilitation skills: ability to present to large groups and communicate effectively to senior leadership
- Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to multi-task in an agile environment
- A proven track record to introduce new ideas and programs to drive a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce
- Experience working in CultureAmp and Reflektive platforms (a plus)
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer