Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role:
We are seeking an upbeat, energetic, and self-motivated Inventory Charting Associate to join our team and work in our Chicago office! As a Charting Associate at Intersection, you will be responsible for tracking, monitoring and scheduling advertising space for potential campaigns, as well as contracted campaigns. You will constantly assess space conditions and communicate proactively with our sales team with changes in order to maximize revenue.
Within your first month:
- Train with your manager and other team members to understand inventory management processes
- Take a deep dive into learning the media and advertising opportunities offered in our Midwest markets, as well as across the entire company
- Get to know all account executives and familiarize yourself with their programs
- Collaborate with the operations team and transit partnership manager to understand how you work together towards the common goal
- Correspond via phone and email with various internal departments
Within your first three months:
- Build strong relationships with sales team
- Manage all inventory requests and inventory holds
- Effectively schedule all potential and contracted advertising campaigns in various internal databases
- Provide timely, accurate, and comprehensive written and oral communication space reservation confirmations to our Sales team
- Distribute inventory across all campaigns for optimum space utilization
- Identify schedule challenges or opportunities, and shift programs accordingly
- Maintain and update our internal hold request database (CRM) and inventory database (Quattro)
- Provide daily work orders to Operations team through Workforce
- Master communications with operations team regarding posting instructions
- Monitor late copy report and campaign install progress and communicate any issues to Sales team
- Generate completion reports and post-campaign reports
- Handle pre-billing inquiries for the finance department
- Cross-train with assigned inventory team(s) in other markets across the company in order to help provide back-up and assistance
Within your first six-nine months:
- Master shifting programs in order to maximize inventory/revenue
- Proactively work with our Sales team to evaluate inventory availability and other related requests
- Feel confident in your market knowledge in order to provide proactive and thoughtful recommendations
- Develop a reputation for being a solid resource
- You will be a member of a great team at Intersection!
You are great for the role because:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree with administrative experience or relevant internship experience
- You have advertising and/or media experience or interest
- You pay attention to detail and have the ability to prioritize tasks, with the ability to work on deadlines
- You are well organized and detail oriented with superior ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You have an outstanding interpersonal skills in communicating with clients and co-workers, including excellent customer service skills and the ability to perform administrative responsibilities and work within a team environment
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office and Gmail
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.