Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role?
As an SMB Sales Manager at Intersection, you will manage the local sales channel and team to meet and exceed quarterly and annual revenue and profit center growth targets. You should feel comfortable working in a competitive, high energy, fast-paced environment focused on driving results while building a strong culture focused on collaboration, learning and success. You should be enthusiastic, hardworking and have the desire to succeed by continually meeting and exceeding the needs of your customers.
Within your first month:
- Work closely with the Head of Sales for on-boarding and training
- Learn our media, systems and processes while starting to build relationships with your team
- Meet with Intersection’s internal teams to train cross-functionally with the people that support our sales efforts
- Learn each Account Executives book of business and start to make introductions to clients and agency partners
- Set weekly meeting cadence for sales meetings and weekly one-on-one’s
Within your first 6 months:
- Implement effective local market sales strategies to maximize revenue across existing and new business opportunities to ensure target attainment for team
- Regularly attend at least six out of offices client meetings per week with your Account Executives
- Review pipeline, set sales strategy and ensure activity aligns with performance goals in weekly one-on-one meetings
- Review team performance, market strategies and HR related issues with Head of Sales in weekly one on one meetings
- Collaborate with fellow sales managers around the country to implement best practices locally
- Build relationships with key client and agency partners in the market
Within your first year:
- Responsible for exceeding quarterly and annual revenue and profit center growth targets
- Building a winning culture that is collaborative, inclusive, successful and fun for the entire office
- You will implement and create a training curriculum and conduct on-going learning and development sessions for local sales team
- Liaise with executive level managers, transit authority partners, clients, agencies, and local community officials
You’re great for this role because:
- You have a track record of consistently exceeding sales revenue targets in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
- You are a proven leader that can inspire, develop and grow a sales team
- You have an existing network of professional relationships within the Dallas/ Ft. Worth area and media community
- You are able to travel throughout the region on sales calls
- You have outstanding presentation and verbal skills, and excellent written communication
- You are exceptionally organized
- You have a positive and professional attitude with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- You are an excellent problem solver and decision-maker
- Out-of-Home Sales experience is strongly preferred
- You have a BS/BA degree
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.