Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the role?
Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, the Graphic Designer, Production is meticulous, flexible and solutions-oriented. Reporting to the Senior Creative Director, you will be a key member of the creative team, supporting Marketing and other internal clients in the development of digital and static creative assets, videos, animations, illustrations, decks, and other production materials. Areas of focus include our high-growth out of home and programmatic offerings, and products such as LinkNYC.
In your first three months, you will:
- Establish yourself as a go-to member of the design team
- Work collaboratively to create stand-out digital and static assets
- Build a thorough knowledge of our brands, brand assets, and creative guidelines
- Flex your video editing muscles, working with our photographers and marketing managers across the country to deliver top tier video assets
- Hone your project management skills, crafting briefs and working closely with colleagues to deliver projects under tight deadlines
Within your first year, you will:
- Establish yourself as a highly valued member of the Marketing team, developing new skills to continuously improve output
- Manage projects from initial brief to final delivery, liaising with internal and external stakeholders and executing to the highest level
- Feel comfortable juggling multiple projects, prioritizing work, and scheduling tasks autonomously
- Develop a strong understanding of how our assets can answer a client's brief, elevate a brand and stop audiences in their tracks
- Strive to improve processes by anticipating and solving problems
You are awesome for this role because:
- You have 1-2 years of experience in a design role, preferably in an agency, tech or start-up environment
- You have a Bachelor's degree in design or a related field
- You’re an Adobe Creative Suite expert (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effects, InDesign); with proficiency in Sketch and Google Slides
- You're a savvy, self-motivated multi-tasker with the ability to manage multiple projects seamlessly
- You’re a skilled video editor with a sharp eye for detail
- You are a production wiz, with a solid understanding of layout, composition, and typography
- You have exceptional organization and time management skills; innate ability to deliver projects under tight deadlines
- You have experience with motion graphics
- You have a wealth of experience with photo retouching, creating presentation materials and other production work
- You’re an experienced digital illustrator
- You’re comfortable working as a contributing member of a team, helping establish team standards and mentoring colleagues
In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must submit an up-to-date online portfolio featuring work samples related to the job requirements.
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer