Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the role?
As a Designer in the New York market, you’ll help bring ideas to life for clients large and small. Leveraging your design expertise, you’ll design static and dynamic spec art to help clients imagine what their campaign will look like amongst our wide range of transit, street, and digital OOH assets. You’ll also work with internal and external stakeholders to design assets for production, as well as aid in the creation of marketing materials.
What you will accomplish:
- Assist in the sales process by creating spec art/mock-ups designed to conceptualize potential media executions for clients
- Create decks and other marketing materials (i.e. proposals, presentations, sell sheets and event invites)
- Create stand-out concepts and executions for our clients, inclusive of both static and digital advertising. This will include campaign ideation and development, building artwork from templates, production of original designs, etc.
- Maintenance of brand and graphic identity across all materials and executions - be a brand ambassador!
- Retouching and editing photography to be used in marketing materials, with advanced skills in photography manipulation (i.e. the ability to realistically add new elements into the photo)
In your first 90 Days, you will:
- Understand the role that design plays in the sales process, and feel comfortable working with all of our assets (in New York, and across the country).
- Work collaboratively with Marketing & Sales colleagues to identify and create stand-out pieces of spec to aid in the sell-through process.
- Feel confident when creating mechanical art for New York clients, with an understanding of templates and production process.
- Work collaboratively with designers in other Intersection offices, leading the design work on national RFPs across markets.
In your first year, you will:
- Develop a strong understanding of how our assets can answer a client's brief, elevate a brand and stop consumers in their tracks.
- Establish yourself as a highly valued member of the Marketing and Sales teams, developing new skills to continuously improve the design work coming out of the New York office.
- Build relationships with our corporate creative team and assist with national projects on an as-needed basis.
You are awesome in the role because:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field
- You’re a passionate and talented designer with a commanding sense of layout, typography, color, and composition
- You’re highly skilled in the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and InDesign; proficiency with Google Drive, including Slides and Docs
- You have a proven ability to work cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders (clients/vendors)
- You feel comfortable working autonomously to meet tight deadlines
- You have excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively present ideas both verbally and visually, as well as an understanding of visual storytelling
- You have excellent digital asset management and organizational skills
- You are a highly-organized collaborator who works well under pressure
- You have a proven track record of successfully managing and prioritizing multiple projects
- You can take direction while offering strong initiative and a curious mindset
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer