The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it. 🛠️
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media, and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 20,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 350+ employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
At Intercom, we truly believe in the power of producing high-quality editorial content to grow our business. Over the last six years, Intercom has built a reputation for publishing some of the most thoughtful and insightful content in the software industry with our blog posts, podcasts and books, but that’s just scratching the surface of what we can do. Come join us as an Editor and help us take our publications to the next level.
You will contribute to our flagship blog, Inside Intercom, which is recognised in the industry as a go-to source of invaluable information on startups and internet business. The articles on product management, design, marketing, and customer support you write and edit will be published to our global audience of over 100,000 readers a month.
We have experience as journalists, editors, designers, and consultants which we are applying to the creation, publication and promotion of content which grows Intercom’s business.
But we don’t do content marketing in the usual formulaic and boring way. We strive to publish articles, record podcasts and write books, of the highest quality possible, that our readers will find interesting and valuable, and that we’d want to read ourselves.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- You'll be writing and editing blog posts, customer messages, social media, books copy etc that embody the Intercom voice and tone
- You'll help colleagues from teams around Intercom effectively share their knowledge and insights through a variety of media. Your day to day will be supporting the editorial production process – from drafting articles to interviewing executives, proofreading copy to writing headlines
- You'll adhere to our processes so we continue to produce high-quality content as efficiently as possible
- You care deeply about sharing our content far and wide. You’ll have creative ideas about how we can grow our audience
What skills do I need? 📖
You need excellent editing and writing skills and an interest in how software is changing the world.
We’d also like you to have:
- At least three years professional experience, with at least two in a writing/editing role
- Skills in social media, Wordpress, Google Docs, and image editing software
- Experience, or at least a demonstrable interest, in software or internet business
- A qualification in journalism/communications/multimedia would be advantageous but not essential
- Proof of eligibility to work in Ireland
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Experience working as part of a marketing team using content to grow a business
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday. There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.