The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. Today more than 15,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
We’re looking for someone to create educational product screencasts that will show and tell our customers how to work better using Intercom. This is an exciting opportunity to meaningfully impact our customers’ experience with Intercom.
What will I be doing?
You’ll be mostly creating and updating educational screencasts about our products. These will be seen thousands of times a month by our users. You’ll also regularly create and deliver live webinars about Intercom, and occasionally produce written documentation.
You’ll work on the entire screencast production process from end to end; scripting, recording, editing, publishing, taking feedback, iterating and measuring impact. As our products evolve and get better every day, you’ll own updating our video content to reflect that.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to not only adapt to our screencast production process, but also raise our bar by bringing new skills and creativity to the process.
What skills do I need?
- You have experience editing video, and you’ve got examples you’re proud of to show us.
- You’re a calm and confident public speaker. We care deeply about this one. Although not a requirement, if you have any examples on video, we’d love to see them.
- You write clearly, succinctly and with empathy. We care deeply about this one too.
- Your creativity, visual design skills, and attention to detail all shine through in the presentations, videos, and screencasts you create. You’re proficient in Adobe’s Creative suite.
- You have 1+ years experience in visual communications, marketing, or design.
- You have a genuine understanding and curiosity for software.
- You’re resourceful, a problem solver, and work autonomously.
Bonus skills & attributes
- You’ve produced software screencasts before, and have examples to show us.
- You’ve created digital course materials before.
- You’ve delivered lectures or training.
- You’ve partnered closely with product management or engineering teams before.
- You’ve done voice-overs or spoken on tv/radio, and have examples to show us.
- You have experience using audio recording equipment, and have examples to show us.
- You have experience working with motion graphics (e.g., After Effects), and have examples to show us.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday! There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need to
- Paid parental leave to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our roaming FlyeFit gyms in Dublin membership!
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too!
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done