Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
A chance to lead Intercom’s first online customer community forum for support contact deflection, peer-to-peer engagement, troubleshooting, and learning.
The Community Manager will help grow and evolve the community forum (Interconnected) to enable product success for customers in partnership with Customer Support and Marketing leadership.
If you’re an experienced community leader who delights in the details of community configuration and content moderation, we’d love to talk to you.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Design and execute the roadmap for community forum growth, success and evolution
- Work in partnership with our Customer Support Operations Team to drive both the Community Forum and other initiatives promoting Self Serve support
- Report on the community's performance against established KPIs and drive initiatives to improve them
- Collaborate with the Customer Advocacy Manager and Customer Engagement team to create strategies that keep the community engaged and growing
- Collaborate extensively with internal and external stakeholders, including customers, partners, and departments such as Customer Support, Sales, Marketing and R&D
- Oversee technical, integration, and system administration aspects of the community
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5 years + experience in a Customer Support organisation, preferably in B2B SaaS
- 2 years + experience building or growing online communities, forum moderation, customer advocacy and program management
- Strong customer facing communication skills
- Analytically minded, with experience leveraging both quantitative and qualitative data to inform decisions
- Proven ability to thrive in a highly cross functional, fast paced environment, dealing with ambiguity and being a self starter
- Familiarity with the administrative and technical aspects of community platforms (Salesforce Experience Cloud a plus)
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Understanding of UX design
- Active member of an online community
- Knowledge of Intercom's product suite
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.