Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity? 🤔
As Brand Strategy Lead at Intercom, you’ll be a key member of a large marketing team, driving the brand strategy for the company internally and creating the foundation needed to communicate the company position, products, and overall brand to target audiences externally.
From consulting on projects to crafting brand strategy and briefs for large campaigns, the Brand Strategy Lead is responsible for the overall positioning of the brand within a competitive and newly formed industry landscape. You’ll work across the marketing department, with teams ranging from product marketing, content marketing, brand creative and demand generation to ensure that the integrity of the brand is reflected in priority external efforts.
Reporting to the Director of Brand Marketing, you will sit between the brand creative and other marketing departments, ensuring aligned communication and feedback. You will participate in the product marketing strategy to help design a coherent story between product and brand. And ultimately, you will oversee the brand health across all channels, sitting in the brand marketing team.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Develop the brand strategy and story as the brand’s biggest advocate, architect, and guardian
- Combining analytical and creative elements, use specific data and insights to position the brand and ultimately build market share
- Partner with integrated marketing, product marketing, and brand creative to deliver campaign ideas and concepts that adhere to strategic objectives and sets the brand apart from competitors, uniquely differentiating the brand and company
- Collaborate with creative teams that include art directors, copywriters, web and graphic designers within the company or external agencies to ensure the brand narrative and strategy is executed in creative work
- Understand brand perception and craft compelling narratives to address key target segments and optimize perception
- Direct, oversee and sign off on creative assets and elements to ensure all external assets and materials adhere to strategic objectives, brand guidelines and are in-line with brand strategy
- Work with campaign managers and channel owners to understand the brand health holistically, and evaluate brand positioning, awareness and recognition across various media channels, campaigns and creative assets
- Synthesize research and data from integrated marketing, product marketing, research, and business ops teams and translate into brand marketing strategy that effectively reaches current and prospective customers
- Assess data and measurement on brand recognition and engagement to discover trends and insights about the brand
- Develop brand strategy documentation that provides guidelines to various organizations within and outside of marketing (sales, support, product, and R&D) to ensure consistency in the way the brand presents itself
What skills do I need? 📖
- 10+ years of relevant marketing experience
- You have an extraordinary knowledge of brand positioning and perception, both in creative narrative and market landscape
- You’re a strategic planner demonstrating the ability to develop big picture strategy and reflect that strategy in marketing plans that align with company goals and objectives
- You work across broad cross-functional teams with the ability to synthesize objectives, challenges, and solutions to complex projects
- You’re a clear, effective communicator with the ability to craft brand strategy at the highest levels and drive awareness and adoption across all organizations
- You’re comfortable working with and advising creative teams with the proven ability to provide actionable creative feedback across different types of deliverables
- You’re a storyteller with the ability to craft engaging brand and campaign narratives, highlighting the benefits of the brand
- You can design strategic frameworks and excels at brand analysis, evaluating strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities to improve positioning
- You’ve got strong written and verbal communication skills that cater to various teams, ability to write detailed strategy documents and explain the reasoning behind strategic decisions and how they ladder to desired results
- You’re interested in forecasting changing customer trends and best-in-class brand strategy in a fast-paced technology industry and new business category
- Highly organized and able to successfully manage multiple projects and stakeholders at every level
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.