The Senior Manager, Content Strategy is responsible for creating, curating and managing resources to develop content that effectively informs, educates, and drives engagement for Intelex customers and prospects. This role requires a marketing mindset combined with the skill of a managing editor, and the foresight of a tech visionary. The right person will have strong project management skills along with the ability to write captivating content that engages internal and external clients, the environment, health, safety and quality market overall and media to influence brand awareness, support the company vision through high-impact B2B storytelling and drive customer demand. Intelex is looking for a senior leader to manage, inspire, and grow a content marketing team. The successful candidate will have a track record of building and leading a high-performing team of writers. The content marketing team is responsible for conceiving of and building high-value, engaging, and educational content that is distributed through a wide range of communications channels, both inside and outside the company
Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, the Senior Manager, Content Strategy will work closely with all parts of the organization and play a critical leadership role within the larger marketing team. This is an ideal role for someone who wants to contribute to the leadership of an agile team focused on increasing the fast growth of a market leader in the burgeoning EHSQ technology market.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Build and own the editorial calendar. Work with product marketing, corporate marketing and demand generation to create a strategy and content roadmap to position Intelex as a thought leader as well as achieve lead and conversion goals for new business.
- Manage the creation/production of content that is flexible, agile, on-brand and, most of all, effective at telling Intelex’s story to the EHSQ market.
- Ensure that all content: aligns with business goals (e.g., appropriate mix of lead‐generation opportunities, informational content, support content); is SEO optimized for mobile users; is consistent in terms of tone and voice.
- Create and manage strict editorial guidelines detailing qualitative standards for value-adding, educational content.
- Work with demand generation to create the content plan for lead and account nurturing strategy.
- Work with corporate marketing to manage external resources thought leadership resources to support media outreach
- Ensure a regular cadence of content is available on the corporate blog and provide content across key social and influence channels.
- Bring best-in-class methods to content creation, content types, content process, and ideation.
- Work with demand generation to implement testing methodologies to measure and optimize content performance. Measure the performance of content on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Apply new, innovative ideas and creative ways to tell stories through content.
- Supervise the management of content inventories (meaning make sure all the pieces created are warehoused and findable internally).
- Work closely with corporate marketing on the visual execution of content pieces.
- Work closely with sales to assess content gaps and content performance as it relates to the sales team.
- Keep ahead of the latest industry trends and market insights to capitalize on “newsjacking” communication opportunities.
- Coach, retain, and grow top writing talent within a content marketing team.
- Reports to the Chief Strategy Officer.
Skills & Work Traits
- Must have exceptional messaging and writing skills and the ability to leverage multiple channels to land meaningful narratives.
- A track record for solving complex business problems, managing across many teams, and driving business results.
- Ability to balance need for creativity with a data-driven approach to measuring impact and success.
- Display an understanding of all aspects of content marketing, social, influence marketing, and communications.
- Has exceptional attention to detail and ensures accuracy in all communications deliverables.
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of the company.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment.
- 6-8 years of relevant professional experience. A journalism background is strongly preferred along with a genuine interest in industry trends to driving content marketing, awareness-building, and demand generation.
- Can manage multiple communication projects simultaneously and drive strong work-back plans and milestones.
- Positive experience and proven results working with creative and production agencies.
- Established track record in creating successful marketing content from inception to finish.
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience (journalism background preferred)
With more than 1000 clients and one million users, Intelex Technologies Inc. is a global leader in Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and Quality management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of Canada’s most highly awarded and fastest-growing tech companies and has been named one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, Best Managed Companies in Canada, one of the fastest growing companies in PROFIT Magazine, as well as one of the country’s top employers by Aon Hewitt and Best Small and Medium Employers. For more information, visit www.intelex.com