As a Product Designer, you advocate for the user to different stakeholders. You understand how to evolve existing designs and use different facets and tools of design to create and execute a solution that addresses user experience shortcomings. You empower the product organization to deliver high value products that are fit for the purpose.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
- Best practice development, rollout and maintenance to the rest of the product organization
- Establishing a framework for prioritizing upcoming work
- Helping other teams in the company apply UX best practice to ongoing and new projects
- Collaborate with key internal departments throughout the development cycle (Developers, Quality Assurance, Product Managers, Product Owners, System Architects)
- Balance design solutions with user needs, business goals product and engineering constraints
- Understanding and ability to apply best practice in conducting user research (User Personas, Jobs to be Done, User Journey Mapping, usability testing, user interviews, quantitative data gathering and analysis)
- Working efficiently with Product Manager, Product Owner and Internal Subject Matter Experts to convert research artefacts into product roadmap
- Understanding of product ideation and prototyping process in relation to user research
- Employ iterative design best practices (Information architecture, user flows, prototypes, low and high-fidelity wireframes, design critiques, design review sessions)
- Backup design decisions with industry best practices and guidelines (Material Design, iOS Human Interface Guidelines, Human Computer Interaction (HCI) principles, WCAG accessibility or other proven design guidelines)
- Work with other designers to develop and maintain standard work on Voice of Customer (VOC) process (Cross departmental collaboration, VOC Library, Standard Process, User List management)
- Work with other designers to help establish and maintain Intelex design system (color, type, layout, illustration, motion)
- Helping upper management understand the value of the design process
- Reports to the Manager, User Experience
SKILLS & WORK TRAITS
- User-driven and empathetic
- Ensures they fully understand the problem before starting to explore possible solutions
- Welcomes critique of their work
- Proactive time management skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Checks the ego at the door and encourages others to do the same
- Proficient with Adobe XD or similar UX design tools
- Familiarity with Jira, Miro or similar project management tools
- Familiarity working with Material UI Design system or any design system is an asset
- 2 – 5 years in a product design-centric role.
- Experience taking a product from concept to market.
- Experience working within cross-functional teams.
- Case studies of past research & design
- Experience researching and designing a B2B SaaS product an asset.
- Experience working with Scrum or other Agile teams an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree, diploma, or post-secondary training in UX/Product design related area preferred.
With more than 1000 clients and one million users, Intelex Technologies ULC. is a global leader in Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and Quality management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of Canada’s most highly awarded and fastest-growing tech companies and has been named one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, Best Managed Companies in Canada, one of the fastest growing companies in PROFIT Magazine, as well as one of the country’s top employers by Aon Hewitt and Best Small and Medium Employers. For more information, visit www.intelex.com