Intelex is looking for an experienced Conversion Optimization Manager to lead our efforts in optimizing the performance of our landing pages and organic properties to drive leads into and through the conversion funnel. The ideal candidate for this role has a strong digital marketing background (specifically CRO/Analytics expertise), a knack for writing effective marketing copy, superior communication skills and a keen sense of UX/UI to drive ideation, decision-making and web journeys. Successful optimization testing experience is required along with a strong ability to think both creatively and analytically to drive growth.
To succeed in this role you will have a curiosity and the desire for continuous improvement and the thought process to build both simple and complex tests within an A/B testing tool and provide analysis on the results.
This role sits within the Marketing department reporting to the Director of Digital Marketing and will work closely with the Marketing, Sales and Product teams.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Lead the Intelex A/B testing program with a focus on implementing strategies that improve the Intelex on-site experience
- Conceptualize, develop, and execute measurable and actionable optimization tests designed to increase click-to-conversion rates, reduce CPL and cost of acquisition
- Manage the end-to-end optimization testing process, including prioritization, requirements gathering, implementation, measurement, analysis and next-step recommendations
- Manage and optimize landing pages, website calls-to-action (CTAs), and lead-generating forms
- Manage key conversion points in the marketing funnel and optimize marketing’s conversion path efficiency
- Work with research tools to identify online improvement opportunities i.e. usability issues, friction points and high drop off points across the customer journeys for new and existing customers
- Create strong hypothesis to improve web-to-lead conversion rates using knowledge of usability, design, copywriting and persuasion and use qualitative and quantitative data to support hypothesis
- Maintain regular communication with key stakeholders on requirements, test plans, live dates and performance
- Effectively communicate test results, insights, and recommendations to internal and client teams.
- Create, execute, and refine new testing strategies that directly address business goals and challenges (creative, copy, UX, UI, product features).
- Act as an ambassador for a conversion optimization testing culture throughout the company
- Reports to the Director of Digital Marketing
Skills & Work Traits
- 4+ years digital marketing experience with a focus on site experience and conversion rate optimization
- 4+ years of experience building and executing site testing programs and leveraging testing tools such as VWO, Optimizely, Google Optimize, Monetate or similar.
- Demonstrated experience with test design and experiment planning.
- Data driven, proficiency with analytics tools and web traffic reporting, and ability to do deep data analysis
- Knowledge of online marketing strategies and tactics (inbound methodology)
- Self-starter and learner with a hands-on approach
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically, and identify and resolve problems
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to turn complex data and insights into easily understood data stories
- Strong understanding of how advertising, landing pages and conversion rate optimization work together
- Relentless in staying ahead of the curve on new strategies, advertising channels, conversion optimization techniques, and experimentation best practices
- Experience in summarizing detailed findings and giving presentation
- Experience using behavioral data tools like session recordings, heatmaps, click maps and surveys to drive test ideas
- Strong marketing copy writing skills and ability to translate product data, value propositions into marketing copy
- Working knowledge of site optimization, product development, usability or UX.
- Advanced knowledge of A/B testing platforms, VWO and Google Optimize specifically are a plus
- Extensive knowledge of Google Analytics
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge of Pardot and marketing automation best practices
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in digital marketing and conversion optimization.
- Completed Post-Secondary education in Communications, Marketing, or other related fields
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
With more than 1,300 clients and 1.6 million users, Intelex Technologies ULC. is a global leader in environmental, health, safety and quality (EHSQ) management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of North America’s fastest-growing tech companies who has recently been recognized as a Great Place to Work for over 7 years, Best Workplace in Technology, Best Workplace for Millennials and Canadian HR Team for fewer than 500 employees and has been recipient of Waterstone’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures award, and Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies award. For more information, visit https://www.intelex.com/careers or see what our employees are saying by following our #ProudIntelexian hashtag.