The Billing & AR Coordinator will work as part of the accounting and finance team to ensure the accurate and timely billing of revenue streams and provide administrative support services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate payment of accounts.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Accurate set-up and creation of billing contracts for revenue streams based on review of contracts and other applicable documents
- Prepare and issue annual support and maintenance and subscription software invoices.
- Ensure up to date records of customer credits, cancellations, adjustments and other pertinent billing information
- Maintain and update payments received from customers.
- Answer credit inquiries about existing clients.
- Research and resolve a variety of internal inquiries concerning account status. Initiate communicates to internal stakeholders to resolve client account discrepancies.
- Interact with other internal departments to facilitate reconciliation of client accounts as necessary.
- Provide clients upon request, copies of source documentation (invoices, detailed reports of support and maintenance fees, travel expenses, etc.) which will assist in expediting payment from the client.
- Other daily administrative duties including preparing and mailing letters and correspondence to clients.
- Reports to the Supervisor, Billings & AR
- Works in close collaboration with other Billings and Collections Representatives as a member of the AR team
Skills & Work Traits
- High attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent reading and comprehension skills
- Ability to read and review sales contracts and related documents
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Prior experience with Salesforce considered a significant asset
- Minimum 2-3 years’ work experience in a billings/accounts receivable role
- Experience in a software or subscription business considered an asset
- A Degree or Diploma in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field.
With more than 1000 clients and one million users, Intelex Technologies Inc. is a global leader in Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and Quality management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of Canada’s most highly awarded and fastest-growing tech companies and has been named one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, Best Managed Companies in Canada, one of the fastest growing companies in PROFIT Magazine, as well as one of the country’s top employers by Aon Hewitt and Best Small and Medium Employers. For more information, visit www.intelex.com