NLP Engineer at Unwrap.ai
A portfolio company of the AI2 Incubator
Who We Are
Unwrap.ai is on a mission to make every company more customer centric. We’re helping companies collect and process feedback more effectively from sources like Zendesk, App Store reviews, Reddit, and Twitter. We also build tools to help users feel heard by making it easier for them to submit feedback and follow relevant product improvements.
Our founders, two ex-Amazon Alexa Product Managers, were tired of manually sifting through customer reviews, support tickets, and bugs while working on Alexa. They understood the importance of listening to customers and prioritizing their requests effectively, but simply had too much feedback to parse through. So, Unwrap.ai was born to solve this problem. Specifically, at Unwrap we use Natural Language Processing to automatically cluster, tag, and analyze customer feedback to help product and engineering teams build what customers want. The ultimate goal is to make companies more customer centric and focus on the product improvements that matter most. We’re currently a team of 5, have a number of name-brand paying customers, and just recently raised a $3M seed round. We are backed by leading investors including the Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence, Cercano Management, and Kevin O’Connor's ScOp VC (former founder and CEO of DoubleClick).
We are seeking a talented engineer who's passionate about NLP, and who has experience building real-world NLP features from the ground up. This is an applied role, so we value shipping features over research. You’ll own major customer-facing systems, train and fine-tune models, scale NLP systems to meet production requirements, and implement business logic to integrate with Unwrap’s product. In order to succeed in the role, you’ll need to understand customer needs, research new technical approaches, and have strong communication skills. The successful candidate will be involved in all parts of the company, but will focus primarily on designing and building our system’s ability to generate insights from written feedback.
Our NLP stack is Python. Data is structured and stored using MySQL. Experience in these technologies is strongly encouraged.
What You Get
- Ground floor impact at a fast-growing seed-stage startup
- Significant, potentially life-changing equity
- Ability to rapidly advance your career alongside company growth
- Collaborate with experienced teammates, entrepreneurs, and advisors
- Competitive pay, benefits, and stock options commensurate with a seed-stage venture-backed company
- You’re an incredible engineer with experience building applied NLP applications, and have experience shipping real-world products.
- You are excited about the prospect of making companies more customer-centric
- You are excited about how Natural Language Processing has and will continue to transform our world
- You bring an independent and entrepreneurial attitude. Evidence of previous entrepreneurial or start-up experience is a plus
- You love building NLP, but also are able to contribute to other company activities like product roadmap creation and customer discovery
- You are authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
At the AI2 Incubator, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in our wider entrepreneurship community. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal entrepreneurial support opportunities are available to all founders without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our founders is critical to the success of our incubator and our spin-outs, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Invitation to our incubator program is decided purely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
About the AI2 Incubator:
The AI2 Incubator helps entrepreneurs come up with ideas, find co-founders, engage pilot customers, refine their product, work with research paper authors to incorporate the latest A.I. techniques into their technology, and raise millions of dollars in venture funding. They have a strategic relationship with the Allen Institute for A.I.—a world-leading research institute with over 200 A.I. PhDs, researchers, engineers, and support staff—allowing them to dive deep into the latest tech and access one of the most talented groups of researchers.
Ready to Get Started?