Role Title: Software Engineer, Data Processing
At Impact our culture is our soul. We are passionate about our people, our technology, and are obsessed with customer success. Working together enables us to grow rapidly, win, and serve the largest brands in the world. We use cutting edge technology to solve real-world problems for our clients and continue to pull ahead of the pack as the leading SaaS platform for businesses to automate their partnerships and grow their revenue like never before. We have an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture where ambition and curiosity is rewarded. If you are looking to join a team where your opinion is valued, your contributions are noticed, and enjoy working with fun and talented people from all over the world..then this is the place for you.
Impact is the global leader in Partnership Automation. We work with enterprise and innovative brands like Ticketmaster, Levi’s, Microsoft, Airbnb, and Uber to help them manage all different types of partnerships. From social influencers, B2B, strategic partners, publishers, and traditional affiliates, we have them covered. Our combined suite of products covers the full life partnership lifecycle including onboarding, tracking ads and paying partners, recruiting for new partners, data and marketing intelligence, and protection from fraud. Founded in 2008 by the same team that founded Commission Junction, Impact has grown to over 500 employees and eleven offices across the United States, Europe, Africa, and Asia.
Why this role is exciting!
As an Engineer at Impact, you'll work on a global team, building real time data processes at-scale. You can be part of the design and build of distributed systems with an opportunity to become an expert in the field.
We work with many of the world’s best-known brands - you will be directly building the product we are selling to these companies.
What you will be doing:
- Design, Code, and Automate Tests for new features
- Solve real-world problems on the Partnership Platform for well-known brands
- Solve technical engineering problems of scale and performance
- Work directly with Product & Engineering to gather requirements
- Be part of an agile team process and continuous improvement
- Collaborate over Slack and Zoom with remote team members
- Role is expected to share in on-call rotation; team owns production
Does this sound like you?
- 1-5 years experience programming using open source technologies
- Good communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Work well independently and collaboratively
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Tools & Skills
- Java / Scala | SQL
- Git | Gradle / Maven | IntelliJ / Eclipse
- MacOs / Linux | Cloud Computing | Big Data
- Apache: Spark, Kafka, Impala, Kudu
- Google: Dataproc, PubSub, BigQuery
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work hours
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Flexible spending accounts and 401(k)
- An employee-led culture team that plans our happy hours, parties, and other events to celebrate our many successes
- An established company with a cool, high-velocity work ethos, where each person can make a difference!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.