At Impact our culture is our soul. We are passionate about our people, our technology, and are obsessed with customer success. Working together enables us to grow rapidly, win, and serve the largest brands in the world. We use cutting edge technology to solve real world problems for our clients and continue to pull ahead of the pack as the leading SaaS platform for businesses to automate their partnerships and grow their revenue like never before. We have an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture where ambition and curiosity is rewarded. If you are looking to join a team where your opinion is valued, your contributions are noticed, and enjoy working with fun and talented people from all over the world..then this is the place for you.
Impact is the global leader in Partnership Automation. We work with enterprise and innovative brands like Ticketmaster, Levi’s, Microsoft, Airbnb, and Uber to help them manage all different types of partnerships. From social influencers, B2B, strategic partners, publishers, and traditional affiliates, we have them covered. Our combined suite of products covers the full life partnership lifecycle including; onboarding, tracking ads and paying partners, recruiting for new partners, data and marketing intelligence, and protection from fraud. Founded in 2008 by the same team that founded Commission Junction, Impact has grown to over 500 employees and eleven offices across the United States, Europe, Africa, and Asia.
What you will be doing:
As a Corporate Counsel, you will be working on a broad range of corporate and governance matters. Working closely with key stakeholders across the company, you will play an integral role in developing and executing strategic business initiatives and providing sound legal advice to executives. You will:
- Advise on a broad range of corporate issues: corporate governance, compliance, capital raise, and business growth (international expansion, M&A)
- Handle Board/committee, investor, and stockholder matters, including security transfers: update and maintain the cap table, prepare and review new option grants and forfeitures, draft Board admin/legal slides, review Board/committee minutes, and coordinate communications with the Board/committee
- Coordinate with outside counsel, including managing services and expenses: partner when needed to handle complex legal and regulatory issues, including employment law and litigation
- Draft, review, and negotiate legal agreements with customers, partners, and resellers, and vendors
- Draft and review employee agreements: employee agreements, ensure employee policies are in compliance with local requirements
- Establish processes to improve corporate governance and mitigate risk: draft a legal playbook and assist with business continuity plan
- Maintain corporate records for the company and subsidiaries
- Identify, monitor, and act upon KPI reporting to measure success and drive continuous improvement
- Perform ad-hoc legal administrative tasks as needed
Does this sound like you:
- JD and admission to the New York Bar in good standing
- 3+ years of experience at a major law firm; experience at a global technology company is a plus
- Experience in M&A, capital raise, complex SaaS agreements, IP, and trademark
- An independent, self-motivated individual who works well under pressure with a positive, service-oriented attitude
- Self-starter with a great work ethic and an analytical thinker with superior problem solving and decision-making skills
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized with prior experience having managed an M&A process: built and managed a data room, drafted and followed up on due diligence items, structured and negotiated legal agreements, sent and collected required signatures from relevant parties, ensured a smooth closing process
- Excellent multi-tasker who is always “on it” with stellar time and project management skills; understands the importance of planning in advance to meet deadlines that include multiple review points and iterations
- Strong communicator, both written & verbal; reliable and responsive to email and phone communications
Highest level of integrity and good judgment, with the ability to effectively deal with highly sensitive, confidential information
- Strong computer skills, including gmail, google calendar, google docs, and Microsoft office
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k matching
- Stock Options
- Flexible work hours
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- An employee-led culture team that plans our happy hours, parties, and other events to celebrate our many successes
- An established company with a cool, high velocity work ethos, where each person can make a difference!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.