ROLE: Chief Financial Officer UK
Working in partnership with our client, the Chief Financial Officer will take responsibility for all financial and commercial aspects of the UK businesses.
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
This role will be reporting into the Group CFO, Group COO and partnering with the CEO Global Markets and Group Financial Director, and will take responsibility for the Financial and Commercial aspects for the EMEA region.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
- A key member of the UK Senior Leadership Team helping to develop and implement the strategy for the UK business, the Group’s largest region
- Act as a trusted financial business partner to the UK business to assist it grow in line with management expectation
- Act as a key deputy to the Global Group CFO and an important part of the Global Finance Leadership Team
- Manage processes for UK business planning, implementing and controlling financial-related activities
- Proactively direct financial planning and analysis for the UK business, including the reporting on key performance metrics to assist the UK CEO in the ongoing management of the business. Leverage KPIs, financial analytics and reporting metrics to answer the "whys" of the business and provide insight on how to drive performance
- Develop a culture of clean and accurate books of accounts
- Responsible for liaising with Group tax team on all UK tax
- Work closely with the Global Finance Leadership Team to develop, implement and maintain policies and objectives for the UK finance function
- Responsible for financial reporting, forecasting and budgeting of the UK business
- Manage financial performance, providing analysis and insights to facilitate financial and commercial decision making
- Participate in the development of processes/process improvements in strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting and others
- Responsible for maintaining robust financial control in the UK finance team and cost management and cost control within the UK business
- Work closely with the Global Commercial organisation in establishing management accounting support for the commercial and creative teams to aid efficient budgeting, forecasting and allocation of resources
- Take a significant role in the implementation and development of the new Global ERP
- Lead and develop the UK finance team, providing empathetic and inclusive leadership in the recruitment, training and development of top quality financial talent to deliver a high performing team.
- Encourage a culture that emphasizes accountability and transparency and collaboation among the UK finance team
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
- Qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Proven track record in a Finance Director/Regional CFO level in a Multi Entity International environment
- Commercial awareness - understanding local market factors, results and performance and foreseeing their impact
- Experience of managing diverse global teams in a fast-paced environment
- Someone who has the energy and confidence to influence change across a growing international role in line with global initiatives
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with people at all levels both internally and externally
- High attention to detail
- A can-do attitude
- Driven and capable of driving process change and improvement
Job ID - 3954
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Many companies talk about having a unique and thriving business model, but the Inside Ideas Group truly does. This means that we have been named in the top 500 of the Financial Times fastest-growing companies in Europe 2018!
What IIG does is provide clients with dedicated, on-site agencies that are built from the ground up. These agencies live and work right at the very heart of our client’s organisation. Delivering precisely the skills and capacity they require, complemented by brand talent from our whole business on everything from planning to execution
This business model creates a truly entrepreneurial, fast paced, challenging and rewarding environment to work in!
We are a company built on our values, we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious to succeed
Be Imaginative to push the boundaries of what’s possible
Be Inspirational to do groundbreaking work
Be always learning and listening to understand
Be Results-focused to exceed expectations
Inside Ideas Group and its’ affiliates are equal opportunity employers committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All suitable applicants shall be considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.