ID.me simplifies how people securely prove and share their identity online. The company empowers people to control their data through a portable and trusted login, which means they don’t need to create a new password when visiting sites that have the ID.me button.
The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated digital migration for many critical services. Those services require a trusted identity to safeguard against fraud and help ensure people are who they claim to be. With ID.me, login and identity credentials move with people, which can reduce the time and frustration of having to verify at multiple sites and set up multiple passwords.
ID.me is a credential service provider compliant with federal standards for digital identity verification.
In addition to helping people control their credentials and data, the company’s “No Identity Left Behind” initiative strives to expand access and inclusion for all people. The company offers multiple pathways to verification – online self-serve, live video chat agents, and in person. ID.me is passionate about building a robust identity network that does not compromise access for traditionally underserved groups.
ID.me is looking for a Senior Application and Product Security Engineer to add to our rapidly growing security team. If you love innovation, here's your chance to make a career of it by advancing the digital identity ecosystem. We are seeking a talented Senior Application and Product Security Engineer who enjoys the challenges of planning, implementing, and upgrading security measures and controls, to include: Static Application Security Testing (SAST), Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST), Software Composition Analysis (SCA), API security, penetration testing, and supporting an expanding bug bounty program.
This team owns the end-to-end security of ID.me’s applications and products. Our engineers use their passion for security to navigate a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Identify, and support the deployment of a robust application security testing tooling in support of the application lifecycle of ID.me products
- Manage and optimize the application security testing suite in support of reducing vulnerabilities that are introduced into the ID.me production environment
- Support the expanding bug bounty and application penetration testing efforts across ID.me
- Participate in activities to support the integration of security controls throughout the SDLC
- Support the process to reviews designs of new applications and products
- Participate in the security testing efforts against our applications, including code reviews, black/white box testing of applications, and maintaining a continuous testing methodology
The qualifications below are ideal, but not all are required. We encourage candidates to apply if they satisfy some, but not all of the qualifications.
- 7+ years of experience in information security or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on application and product security disciplines or equivalent experience
- Experience with cloud technologies (ie AWS, GCP, and/or Azure)
- Experience with threat modeling, systems analysis, and/or security design reviews
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of application and product architectures, scripting based programming languages, web application stacks, and general approaches to implementation of an SDLC
- Demonstrate excellent judgment in prioritizing security efforts to mitigate the appropriate risks
- Ability to identify, analyze, and explain the present or future needs for proposed security initiatives to senior management
- Ability to influence with empathy and compassion
- Bonus: Experience with CI/CD practices and platform tools (Jenkins, CircleCI, Github etc)
- Bonus: Strong background with containers and orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
Ideal candidate will thrive in our culture if they have a passion for:
- Building quality products with a mindset on safety and security
- Operating in a fast-moving and high-growth environment
- Working as a team player with an entrepreneurial work ethic
- Security, learning and continuous improvement
Note that candidates must be located in the continental U.S.
ID.me Covid Vaccination Requirement
ID.me has a mandatory vaccination requirement where not prohibited by applicable federal or state law.
All current and future employees are required to receive their COVID-19 vaccinations, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Employees not in compliance with this policy will be placed on leave and will be terminated if no valid reason for not getting the COVID-19 vaccine is provided.
Purpose: In accordance with ID.me's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and the community at large from COVID-19 that may be reduced by vaccinations. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, as applicable.
Reasonable Accommodation: Current and future employees in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief must submit a completed Request for Accommodation form to the human resources department to begin the interactive accommodation process as soon as possible after vaccination deadlines have been announced (September 13th) and an offer of employment has been made. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause ID.me undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
Vision: To be the world's leading digital identity network empowering people to control their own information and to prove their credentials across all channels: online, call center, and in-person.
Mission: To make the world a more trusted place by delivering the highest level of security with the least amount of friction at the lowest possible cost.
People: We have an audacious mission. We aim to fix the identity layer of the internet. Billions of people will live better lives with more trust and convenience thanks to ID.me. We are like Special Forces. We take on the most difficult challenges with amazing teammates.
ID.me Core Values: *Don't be a jerk. *Always compete. *Ask questions like a 5-year old. *Inspire people with your passion. *Make something better every day. *Treat each customer like your favorite family member. *Own your mistakes so you can learn from them. *Details are everything. *Communicate like a scientist. *Be truthful (even when it's hard). *Reflect ID.me's values in your actions. *Act like an owner.
ID.me Career Site & Culture Deck: https://www.id.me/careers
ID.me maintains a work environment free from discrimination, where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All ID.me employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to equal employment opportunity. ID.me does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. ID.me adheres to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline. In addition, ID.me's policy is to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances where a particular employee works. Upon request we will provide you with more information about such accommodations.
ID.me participates in E-Verify.