ID.me simplifies how people securely prove and share their identity online. The company empowers people to control their data through a portable and trusted login, which means they don’t need to create a new password when visiting sites that have the ID.me button.
The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated digital migration for many critical services. Those services require a trusted identity to safeguard against fraud and help ensure people are who they claim to be. With ID.me, login and identity credentials move with people, which can reduce the time and frustration of having to verify at multiple sites and set up multiple passwords.
ID.me is a credential service provider compliant with federal standards for digital identity verification.
In addition to helping people control their credentials and data, the company’s “No Identity Left Behind” initiative strives to expand access and inclusion for all people. The company offers multiple pathways to verification – online self-serve, live video chat agents, and in person. ID.me is passionate about building a robust identity network that does not compromise access for traditionally underserved groups.
Sales Engineers at ID.me are technical and involved in all stages of the customer’s development lifecycle. We are looking for a results-driven member of the team to effectively connect with customers through various communication to showcase how ID.me can be their solution. We value great listeners who can understand a customer’s challenge in detail and then provide structured advice on how to overcome their problem with ID.me’s technology. Our Sales Engineers are the primary driver for internal support of customer requests. You will partner with our SE team to provide world class support, answer technical questions, and create documentation.
ID.me’s Sales Engineers must be trustworthy. Our entire brand is based on trust, and our responsibility starts with living up to the trust our customers have in us as their partner. The digital identity market is rapidly evolving. You must have the technical ability to understand ID.me’s architecture and capabilities, as well as the business insight to apply your technical expertise to the problem. We give something precious back to users: their time. Our Sales Engineer makes a positive impact on people’s lives by helping them effectively access services online in a secure and trusted way.
- Support the sales team in helping customers understand what they can achieve with the ID.me solution
- Provide world class technical support to ID.me customers
- Thoroughly understand all aspects of our platform in order to troubleshoot solutions and integrations
- Understand customer requirements and communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud technology
- Write accurate and compelling RFP content tied to technical deliverables
- Communicate complex ideas around a technical topic to all types of customers
- Coordinate with Customer Success and Member Support on integration issues
- Document partner issues and work with the team to develop new processes
- Execute the delivery of POCs for customers that have more complex use cases and collaborate with other ID.me engineering teams as needed
- Craft technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or standard methodologies for new technologies
- Prepare demos and proof of concepts to demonstrate various use cases for ID.me’s Platform
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
- 1-3 years of sales engineering experience, including pre and post sales
- Experience with modern software development or operations and their associated technologies
- Coding Bootcamp, Associate degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or equivalent experience
- Experience with at least one standard network security protocol (e.g. OAuth 2.0, SAML 2.0, OpenID Connect)
- Fundamental understanding/experience with REST APIs, related technologies and practices
- Passionate about serving the customer; experience in a customer-facing role like consulting, support, or solutions engineering
- Understanding of basic security features within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF, etc)
- Skilled in crafting presentations suited to customer needs
- Passionate about serving the customer
- Able to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard
- Confident dispensing knowledge to senior stakeholders
- Willingness to travel as needed
Ideal candidate will thrive in the following culture:
- Must have an obsession for quality products
- Ability to thrive when there are changing priorities and shifting of gears
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be a team player with a strong, self-managing work ethic
- Must be a self-starter with a passion for learning and continuous improvement
Note that candidates must be located in the continental U.S.
ID.me Covid Vaccination Requirement
ID.me has a mandatory vaccination requirement where not prohibited by applicable federal or state law.
All current and future employees are required to receive their COVID-19 vaccinations, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Employees not in compliance with this policy will be placed on leave and will be terminated if no valid reason for not getting the COVID-19 vaccine is provided.
Purpose: In accordance with ID.me's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and the community at large from COVID-19 that may be reduced by vaccinations. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, as applicable.
Reasonable Accommodation: Current and future employees in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief must submit a completed Request for Accommodation form to the human resources department to begin the interactive accommodation process as soon as possible after vaccination deadlines have been announced (September 13th) and an offer of employment has been made. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause ID.me undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
Vision: To be the world's leading digital identity network empowering people to control their own information and to prove their credentials across all channels: online, call center, and in-person.
Mission: To make the world a more trusted place by delivering the highest level of security with the least amount of friction at the lowest possible cost.
People: We have an audacious mission. We aim to fix the identity layer of the internet. Billions of people will live better lives with more trust and convenience thanks to ID.me. We are like Special Forces. We take on the most difficult challenges with amazing teammates.
ID.me Core Values: *Don't be a jerk. *Always compete. *Ask questions like a 5-year old. *Inspire people with your passion. *Make something better every day. *Treat each customer like your favorite family member. *Own your mistakes so you can learn from them. *Details are everything. *Communicate like a scientist. *Be truthful (even when it's hard). *Reflect ID.me's values in your actions. *Act like an owner.
ID.me Career Site & Culture Deck: https://www.id.me/careers