We are looking for a Game Physics Engineer to join our team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As a member of the Engine initiative you will be responsible for developing server-side and client-side physics related systems and features. You will be continuously communicating with other engineers, production and design to meet expected results.
Who you are:
- Passionate about game physics.
- Display willingness to learn and develop your skills.
- Self driven and able to work independently.
Some of your role:
- You will collaborate with a small team of engineers to develop and maintain the physics engine of the game.
- You will mainly be working on physics related systems like player or character controllers.
- You will work with designers and translate collective ideas into usable systems.
- 2+ years of experience with Java.
- 2+ years of experience with C#.
- Solid understanding of (3D) math, collision detection, game physics and game engines on a level you could write your own game physics engine.
- Solid debugging and optimisation skills in both Java and C#.
- An understanding of software security and how to minimize vulnerabilities through system design.
- Able to break down complex tasks into small actionable iterations.
- Proficient in both written and verbal communication with technical and non-technical individuals.
- Team-oriented, self-motivated, and autonomous.
- Passionate about games and gaming.
- Familiarity with existing game physics frameworks.
- Experience with Entity Component Systems
- Experience with networked physics
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team.
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- A stable and secure work environment.
- The ability to work remotely.