We're looking for a talented and passionate UX designer to join our team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
The ideal candidate for our user experience team will help in creating frictionless, usable designs for our players. The candidate will be responsible for being the voice of the player and advocating for, and demonstrating, their needs through the creation of high fidelity wireframes and prototypes.
As a player first designer, you will be responsible for collaborating with other disciplines such as game design, art, and audio to create a consistent and meaningful experience between the player and the interfaces they interact with.
Who you are:
- You are a UX professional who puts the player’s needs first when creating deliverables that demonstrate your design thinking
- You’re a problem solver, first and foremost; you strive to create a frictionless game experience for the player
- You’re an excellent communicator and are passionate about working across disciplines to advocate for your craft
- You approach designing not only creatively, but with data and research as part of your arsenal
Some of your role:
- Work with game designers to convert ideas into usable experiences
- Create UX deliverables that demonstrate and communicate player needs such as user flows, wireframes, and prototypes
- Create, establish, and maintain entries in the UX pattern library
- Work closely with UI art to establish a consistent, player focused interface
- Assist in moderation of playtesting and conversion of feedback into usable data for the team
- Minimum of 2 years working as a UX designer in gaming or a related field
- Deep understanding of usability principles and how to incorporate them into game interface design
- Proficiency with demonstrating user needs through prototyping using a tool such as Axure, Figma, or Adobe XD
- Solid communication skills and the demonstrable ability to present and communicate designs across game development teams
- Excellent problem solving skills; you take complex problem spaces and break them down into functional and actionable solutions
- A personal passion for games and staying on top of the latest trends in the industry
- Ambitious and collaborative with excellent communication skills
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your design thinking and deliverables
- Experience shipping titles as a UX designer or related position
- Experience conducting or moderating user research
- An advocate for, and experience in implementing games accessibility guidelines
- Proficiency in art tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- A personal passion for open world, builder, or survival games
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in a related field such as human-computer interaction, interaction design, graphic design, etc.
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The ability to work remotely