We're looking to expand our services team within the Hypixel Studios development team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
The key qualities we are looking for in applicants are that they are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As a new member of our services development team you will be responsible for the design, implementation and support of services systems and features. You will be continuously communicating with game developers and security engineers to ensure our players are having the best experience while enjoying our games.
- Minimum 2 years experience with server/backend software development Java programming experience, including the ability to understand and analyze scalability, memory and performance requirements
- Proficient in both written and verbal communication with technical and non-technical developers
- Experience building and supporting distributed, highly-scalable live online systems
- Strong engineering skills and a demonstrated ability to build a system from inception all the way to production
- An understanding of software security and how to minimize vulnerabilities in code and through system design.
- Experience in relevant technologies such as Kubernetes, MongoDB, Docker, Cassandra, etc
- Self-motivated and able to break down complex tasks
Passionate about games and gaming
- Experience with application and network protocols as well as relevant libraries such as Netty
- Experience with the Golang programming language
- Experience building and managing Kubernetes clusters on bare metal hardware
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team.
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- A stable and secure work environment.
- The ability to work remotely