HyperionDev is the largest provider of software development education in Southern Africa, and one of the largest globally. Counted among the top education technology startups in EMEA with headquarters in Cape Town and London, we support learners from over 40 countries in changing into fulfilling tech careers. We are dedicated to closing the global tech skills gap and we achieve this by integrating tech education with human mentorship and expert code review, lowering the cost of accessing tech careers.
In 2016 we won first prize in Facebook's Innovation Challenge, with Facebook selecting us as the most socially impactful startup operating in Africa and financially backing us, alongside Google . We were originally launched from the University of Cambridge, and our leadership team consists of world-leading talent from companies such as Google, Amazon, 2U/GetSmarter, Yoco and PwC, and those who have previously built and gone on to sell large businesses. We are looking for team members who are ambitious, motivated and have a track record of over-achieving and exceeding targets.
Join us at a time when we are reinventing tech education and how technology can drive higher quality education at scale for markets that have some of the most underperforming tertiary institutions and schools globally.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for someone to take charge of a new team within the HyperionDev Marketing department. As the Head of Product Marketing at HyperionDev you will be responsible for leading and driving all Product Marketing activities within this new team. The team consists of content strategists, copywriters, and product marketing managers.
Our Product Marketing team is focused on having a deep understanding of our customers and market, and positioning our products to best serve them. Prior to product launches, the team owns positioning, messaging, gathering customer feedback, and the overall go-to-market strategy. Post product launch, the team drives sales enablement and focus on driving demand, adoption, and the overall success of our products. Specifically, product marketing supports marketing teams and admissions teams through developing thought leadership messaging, engaging with thought leaders to contribute to top of funnel marketing activities, including content that provide the backbone for Performance Marketing & Strategic Partnership teams to use in the creation of the inbound & outbound efforts across the funnel.
To excel in this role, you should be an organised, ambitious, self-motivated, and proactive problem solver. We’re looking for a strategic thinker, an excellent project manager, someone with high standards and the ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders across the business.
- Research & Customer Insights.
- New Product, Audience & Geography testing.
- Customer Persona Development.
- Positioning & Messaging Strategies.
- Content Marketing Strategies for Performance Marketing, Admissions & Customer Success teams.
- Coordination of all Content Marketing: website updates, social media strategy & execution, CRM marketing, PR etc.
- Diploma in Business, Marketing or Communications field.
- At least 5 years of marketing experience in a high growth and digital consumer-marketing space.
- 2+ years of project management experience, managing projects relating to large-scale consumer marketing.
- At least 1 year of experience marketing education-related products.
- Deep understanding of digital marketing.
- Experience managing a marketing team.
- Experience with management of agencies.
- A self‐starter who thrives in a fast‐paced environment.
- Thorough understanding of various online and offline marketing funnels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detailed understanding of Social Media marketing and PR.
- Degree in Marketing or Communications.
- 7+ years of marketing experience in a high growth consumer-marketing space.
- 3+ year of project management experience, managing projects relating to large-scale consumer marketing.
- 2+ years of experience marketing education-related products.
- Experience with content calendars and scheduling tools.
- Experience with project management tools like Basecamp/Trello.
- Managing sprints involving marketers and developers.
- Management of external suppliers and freelancers.
- Detailed knowledge of Website/Data Analysis.
- Detailed reporting on key website and social media metrics.
Flexible & remote working: We are a remote-friendly organisation and offer flexible work options.
Generous annual leave and medical benefits: We provide up to 20 annual leave days as part of our leave policy, as well as health insurance or medical aid benefits for our staff.
Join the heart of tech in Africa, the US, and Europe: You'll work with the best of the best and rub shoulders with the world leaders in edtech, developer education, and developer assessments. Join one of the most ambitious and highest performing tech companies in the space, with a founding team that draws their former experience from companies such as Google, Amazon, GetSmarter/2U, & Yoco.
Life-changing work: Solve real problems that make education and tech careers accessible to those who need it most: you're allowed to brag about it.
We're a people-forward company with a purpose that underlines everything we do. We're obsessed with the potential in people and challenge them to do their best work. We embrace a culture of growth and learning to deliver on our vision and ours is a relentless quest for improvement.