HyperionDev is the largest provider of software development education in Southern Africa, and one of the largest globally. Counted among the top education technology startups in EMEA with headquarters in Cape Town and London, we support learners from over 40 countries in changing into fulfilling tech careers. We are dedicated to closing the global tech skills gap and we achieve this by integrating tech education with human mentorship and expert code review, lowering the cost of accessing tech careers.
In 2016 we won first prize in Facebook's Innovation Challenge, with Facebook selecting us as the most socially impactful startup operating in Africa and financially backing us, alongside Google . We were originally launched from the University of Cambridge, and our leadership team consists of world-leading talent from companies such as Google, Amazon, 2U/GetSmarter, Yoco and PwC, and those who have previously built and gone on to sell large businesses. We are looking for team members who are ambitious, motivated and have a track record of over-achieving and exceeding targets.
Join us at a time when we are reinventing tech education and how technology can drive higher quality education at scale for markets that have some of the most underperforming tertiary institutions and schools globally.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role, you will be providing consultation about technical education, employment options and career progression to people looking for a career change. As a trusted expert, you will consult with potential customers to understand their education needs and career goals to match these future goals with one of our HyperionDev online coding bootcamps which are designed to help those in non-tech careers switch to full-time coding jobs. You will manage the customer relationship from lead assignment to close.
As an experienced consultant, you will be in a position of responsibility within the team, with substantial growth opportunities. You will assist the Head of Admissions in defining the admissions strategy and processes, and optimising the metrics set for your team. You should be excited about not just working hard in a small but rapidly growing startup, but building it with your own direct ownership in the business. You must be hungry to convert leads to sales with the knowledge that our online courses change the lives of people for the better. You must be ambitious and want to make the most of the tremendous opportunities you'll have being a core part of a small but fast growing team.
As an experienced Admissions Consultant at HyperionDev, you must have a proven track record of 3+ years of professional, solution-based or consultative sales experience, excellent communication skills, an excellent understanding of technology, and a track record of meeting and exceeding targets.
- Engaging with a range of qualified leads over phone to advise them on course choice and enrollment
- Employing a consultative approach to help guide customers through their education with our HyperionDev Boot Camps
- Working towards KPIs and exceeding admissions targets set by the Head of Admissions.
- Maintaining strong long-term relationships with our customers
- Training junior admissions staff members, as and when needed
- Ensuring all administration relating to admissions is completed effectively
- Working closely with other teams and finding opportunities to optimise enrollments
- Contributing to process improvements throughout the startup
- Paying attention to competitors and their activities within the e-learning space
- Identifying opportunities for new business within the market
- A minimum of a diploma level tertiary qualification
- 3+ years of professional, full-time sales experience in a closing sales role
- 1+ years of experience working through complex sales cycles with multiple touch points and decision makers.
- 2+ years’ track record of meeting revenue targets and performance quotas
- 2+ years of experience managing an accurate pipeline and reporting from a CRM
- Ability to record productivity, report from and maintain sales CRM systems, spreadsheets, and collate market data
- Fast learner, meticulous attention to detail with near perfect verbal and written communication skills.
- A problem-solving and positive attitude with an interest in the future of education and online learning
- Prior experience in an education or e-learning space
- Understanding or knowledge of programming languages such as Java and Python
- Related Marketing, Commerce or Tech Bachelors or Honours Degree
- 1+ years of experience in digital marketing and lead generation
- 1+ years of experience in a team leadership or senior role
Flexible & remote working: We are a remote-friendly organisation and offer flexible work options.
Generous annual leave and medical benefits: We provide up to 20 annual leave days as part of our leave policy, as well as health insurance or medical aid benefits for our staff.
Join the heart of tech in Africa, the US, and Europe: You'll work with the best of the best and rub shoulders with the world leaders in edtech, developer education, and developer assessments. Join one of the most ambitious and highest performing tech companies in the space, with a founding team that draws their former experience from companies such as Google, Amazon, GetSmarter/2U, & Yoco.
Life-changing work: Solve real problems that make education and tech careers accessible to those who need it most: you're allowed to brag about it.