HyperionDev is the largest provider of software development education in Southern Africa, and one of the largest globally. Counted among the top education technology startups in EMEA with headquarters in Cape Town and London, we support learners from over 40 countries in changing into fulfilling tech careers. We are dedicated to closing the global tech skills gap and we achieve this by integrating tech education with human mentorship and expert code review, lowering the cost of accessing tech careers.
In 2016 we won first prize in Facebook's Innovation Challenge, with Facebook selecting us as the most socially impactful startup operating in Africa and financially backing us, alongside Google . We were originally launched from the University of Cambridge, and our leadership team consists of world-leading talent from companies such as Google, Amazon, 2U/GetSmarter, Yoco and PwC, and those who have previously built and gone on to sell large businesses. We are looking for team members who are ambitious, motivated and have a track record of over-achieving and exceeding targets.
Join us at a time when we are reinventing tech education and how technology can drive higher quality education at scale for markets that have some of the most underperforming tertiary institutions and schools globally.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Talent Advisor at HyperionDev you will be working to ensure that our graduates are placed into tech careers after completing one of our coding bootcamps.
This involves making sure that students nearing graduation are on track to be ‘placement ready’ with stellar technical portfolios and up-to-date placement profiles on HyperionDev’s own developer placement platform called ‘HyperionDev Careers’. Your role will also include introducing non-HyperionDev graduates to HyperionDev Careers, and signing up both junior developer applicants and suitable tech employers onto the Careers platform. You will act as a talent advisor to our graduates, and to Careers applicant developers in general, match them with suitable roles and companies, and support them in progressing towards placement.
You will also assist in generating and qualifying potential leads for our Recruitment Account Executives to ensure the optimum use of their time liaising with hiring companies. You will need to reach out to these leads with the aim of generating employer interest in hiring our developer graduates. Once the Account Executive confirms a hiring partner, you would then be responsible for supporting the matchmaking, interview scheduling and feedback communication between the hiring companies and our developer candidates.
The Talent Advisor will also be working closely with the marketing team to coordinate and report on the effectiveness of top of the funnel lead generation campaigns in order to better target, expand awareness of our developer placement offering and the product development of the HyperionDev Careers platform.
- Ensure our final-level students and graduates are completing the technical and portfolio work required to have them ‘Technically Ready’ for placement
- Ensure that final-level students and graduates create Complete Careers profiles
- Facilitate our final-level students’ and graduates’ applications to companies on the Careers platform
- Providing access to technical resources for our students to hone their technical profile
- Encourage students to create side-projects to fill the non-experience barrier
- Regularly check-in, support and monitor our graduates’ placement efforts
- Facilitate non HyperionDev graduates/final-level students in creating profiles and applying to jobs on Careers, and supporting them in getting placed
- Assist with interview scheduling and candidate availability through the hiring companies’ recruitment process
- Help optimise the Account Executives’ time by generating positive leads and building successful relationships and understanding the needs of companies hiring our graduate developers
- Assist students who were unsuccessful with the Job Application process
- Manage our applicant and company leads database on the CRM accurately and efficiently to ensure a healthy pipeline
- Identify potential hiring companies and manage progression tracking of leads through the pipeline to accurately depict the progress of graduate placements
- Update graduate placement trackers with the hiring companies outcomes and update the CRM with feedback on their recruitment process and record reasons for unsuccessful placements
- Support and drive effective marketing initiatives for placing our graduates, provide feedback on lead quality and engagement ratio, and assist with the market segmentation and targeting strategy by providing feedback on most likely to convert hiring company profiles
- 1 - 2 years of experience in a recruitment, sales, account management, or sales coordinator role
- Understanding of the technical recruitment market in South Africa
- Outstanding reporting skills and experience with CRMs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fast learner, meticulous attention to detail
- A relevant tertiary qualification would be preferred
- Prior tech startup experience in a high-growth and ambitious environment
- At least 1 year experience with email automation and campaign outreach
- Experience with lead generation and market research for business development
- Enthusiastic and eager to gain experience in the coding education and ed-tech space
Flexible & remote working: We are a remote-friendly organisation and offer flexible work options.
Annual leave and medical benefits: We have a generous annual leave policy, as well as health insurance / financial benefits for medical aid for staff.
Join the heart of tech in Africa, the US, and Europe: You'll work with the best of the best and rub shoulders with the world leaders in edtech, developer education, and developer assessments. Join one of the most ambitious and highest performing tech companies in the space, with a founding team that draws their former experience from companies such as Google, Amazon, GetSmarter/2U, & Yoco.
Life-changing work: Solve real problems that make education and tech careers accessible to those who need it most: you're allowed to brag about it.