Hotwire is a global, strategic communications and marketing consultancy dedicated to helping ambitious technology companies change the game, build their reputation, and stand out from the crowd. Recognised by multiple award wins over the years, we provide clients with insights-led, integrated communications and marketing solutions across a number of market categories. When you work with us, we connect and support you in a way that allows you to achieve limitless success and career growth. We truly embody flexibility though our Thoughtful working approach and offer a number of unique benefits you will not see in other agencies. From Sydney to San Francisco, we’re a group with a “One Team” mentality. Having been awarded #4 in the 2021 Sunday Times Top 100 companies to work for in the UK, you can rest assured that at Hotwire we will help you to achieve your personal best through engaging work and continuous learning and development.
We are connected, ambitious, adventurous, transparent and proactive, but most of all we are one team working together to be the global challenger.
Why this role?
The creative department within Hotwire acts as a creative agency for the whole of the United Kingdom. Working across B2B & B2C clients we deliver and support the strategy, development, and execution of creative across Account Based Marketing (ABM), Alliances and Channel, Demand Generation, and branded consumer campaigns.
We’re looking for a Design Manager to lead our art department and guide a talented team of designers that strive for excellence in their work. We are looking for an individual who can inspire and be inspired, taking a creative brief or a client’s challenge, and turning it into an intelligent, commercially effective piece of work. We seek a Design Manager who says “yes, and” yet also knows when to push back and retire an idea that isn’t working.
Reporting directly to the Creative Director, this role will work side by side with our Head of Copy to strengthen the creative department and be a leader within the team and wider business.
- Oversee the art department: training and mentoring staff and being the first port of call for all design work
- Develop and establish art department standards for production, productivity, quality, and client services
- Proposing and creating processes and tools that support design operations
- Collaborate with teams across the business in creating marketing plans, aligning team priorities with business objectives to deliver high-quality work on time and on budget.
- Working with the entire creative team to establish a unified creative voice and supporting/leading on creative concepting.
- Reviewing the work of designers and providing direction and feedback
- Taking ownership of the visual elements of creative work for new business pitches
- Uncovering new ways to incorporate emerging and new media formats into campaigns.
- Lead with purpose and by example. As a critical member of the senior Hotwire Marketing team, you will be setting the standard and expectations for leadership, teamwork and results
- Be involved in your team’s development; helping identify opportunities to help them grow
- Get your hands dirty; and be a real team player
- Strong knowledge in typography, image manipulation, illustration, and animation
- A broad understanding of marketing design and layout
- Ability to generate a reliable supply of original ideas and visual concepts
- Confidence in explaining and supporting creative thinking, both internally and externally
- Flexible and approachable, with a willingness to adapt ideas to the needs to clients and internal feedback
- Passion for advertising and commercial art
- A high level of skill with the latest art and design IT packages, including Adobe Creative Suite
- Superb client relationship skills
- A real team player attitude
- Ambition, drive and motivation
- Incredible training from the Hotwire Academy; supporting you at every stage of your career.
- Understanding that life doesn’t always fit around the 9-5; and that work/life balance is crucial.
- The Hotwire Bootcamp – an annual trip to an international city with the whole global team (when travel resumes)
- Well-being allowance or private health care
- Freedom and support to be limitless within the business.
- Sponsored sabbatical after 4 years’ service
- A connected, courageous and friendly team creating adventurous work whilst still having a lot of fun.
- An exciting and rewarding long-term career, bringing constant challenge and fresh opportunities as you develop.
- The opportunity to have global reach within our offices.
- Fantastic benefits, including early finish Fridays, 25 days’ holiday and great team socials.
At Hotwire, we engage in Thoughtful Working, which encourages our employees to work in the best possible way for our clients, our team and ourselves, every single day.