At Hotwire we:
We work with you to realise your potential. We do so by creating an environment that grows careers, provides the best employee experiences and builds expertise to shape the world we live in. Supported by a community of open-minded individuals, together we achieve our personal best.
Our global network brings together different cultures, the top minds, ideas and expertise from around the world. One team, one plan, delivering consistent people and client experiences.
We challenge the status quo. We use insight-led thinking and strategic know-how to create campaigns we are truly proud of. By channeling our curiosity and creativity we deliver high impact work we and we have fun doing it!
Our vision is to be the best agency you will ever work with.
Why This Role?
The purpose of this role is to support users and infrastructure across our UK Group businesses in order to make sure that our technology runs smoothly and efficiently, delivering a high level of service for our end users. This could include hands on support, installation of desktop hardware, application of group policies to automate tasks where possible, with a focus on streamlining and consolidating server infrastructure. In addition to the hands on elements IT policies and procedures will need to be defined and documents to ensure consistency throughout the group. You will be expected to manage your time effectively as the role will be split between one of our group companies where you will be the main point of contact and helping support Hotwire and its global offices.
Delivering the Hotwire vision and growth
- Liaise with local suppliers enabling access to IT supplies as and when required and maintenance of local office IT infrastructure
- Assist with group and local projects to help the business move forwards, maintaining excellent communications with the IT Manager on all tasks and projects
- Oversee local network and server configuration maintenance, trouble-shooting in the first instance before seeking higher level support
- Assist in installing new/rebuilding existing servers and configuring hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories and storage in accordance with standards, and project/operational requirements set by your manager
- Research and recommend new technologies, equipment and services to purchase, fully documenting the systems that we put into place
- Exposure to Support Office 365 administration along with SharePoint’s online/One Drive
- Overseeing computer security, patching, anti-virus updates
- Assist IT management to maintain the Hotwire Group AD environment including current and new group policies
- Install and test computers and related network hardware in a LAN/WAN environment
- Help create and maintain network diagrams of local sites and comprehensive documentation.
Deliver the best (internal and external) client experiences
- Manage and maintain Hotwire’s fleet of devices
- Monitor and maintain the use of the office photocopiers and printers
- Assist in developing and maintaining installation and configuration procedures
- Maintain the organisation and inventory of all local office hardware and software
- Create and maintain good user instructions for all applications and processes
- Install, upgrade, configure, and troubleshoot local and wide area network hardware and IT infrastructure
- Train local users on new software and solutions
Deliver the best People experiences
- Provide outstanding 1stand 2nd line IT support to users across the UK
- Provide emergency or pre-planned out of hours support when required
- Perform ad hoc IT related duties as assigned by your manager
- Work seamlessly with your local and global IT colleagues, collaboratively solving problems as they arise
- 5+ years’ experience in IT
- Ideally Microsoft MCSA or training for certification, a good knowledge of IT systems and hardware maintenance
- Windows Server 2008, 2012 & 2016
- VMware ESXi and Veeam backup
- Active Directory
- Backup technologies and methodologies
- Good understanding of networking principles including DNS & DHCP
- Cisco Meraki firewall, LAN switch and networking technologies
- Office 365 administration, including 2FA, email, SharePoint and Teams
- Experience in both Mac and PC environments, JAMF would be a bonus.
- Experience of working in a busy, boutique environment, where creating relationships with the team is crucial
- Great communication and interpersonal skills whilst being incredibly organised
- The ability to be accurate and work to deadlines even under pressure, whilst working co-operatively with others in a team, handling information in confidence and with discretion