Reports to: Chief Revenue Officer
Compensation: $245,000 - $265,000 on target earnings plus equity
What We Do:
Founded in 2015 by former NSA cyber operators, Huntress was built on a simple premise: to force hackers to earn every inch of their access.
Today’s cyber-attacks aren’t limited to large organizations with the security tools that can ward off threats. Hackers don't discriminate and will find a way to penetrate any vulnerability in any size business. Huntress enables IT providers and resellers to stop hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools.
Through a combination of expert human threat hunters, a comprehensive platform, and a desire to make the world a safer place, we’re working to deliver cybersecurity to the 99%—those small to midsize businesses that make up the backbone of our economy.
Join the hunt and help us stop hackers in their tracks!
What You’ll Do:
Huntress is looking for an experienced Director of Sales Engineering to lead and continue growing our sales engineering team. You’ll lead our existing team of engineers, providing coaching and professional development while also reviewing procedures and policies, helping optimize the teams success. Our engineers partner with our sales teams and customers throughout the sales and renewal processes offering technical assistance and expertise, while also contributing to more successful outcomes. Playing such a key role in the sales process and interactions our customers have with us, this team will need a passionate and inspiring leader to assist in continuous improvement and efficiency as the company continues to grow and scale.
We’re looking for an individual that has a demonstrated history of success leading teams, as well as a technically focused background in cyber security.
- Lead, grow and mentor the global Technical Sales team; provide support as needed across all levels of the team
- Provide actionable feedback to the team regarding areas of improvement throughout the sales process and/or customer’s technical needs
- Articulate the evolving security challenges to a diverse audience
- Partner with customers to help increase their technical security understanding
- Liaise with Sales, Marketing, Support, and Engineering on voicing customers’ technical needs as it relates to Huntress’ current and future solutions
- Evaluate and propose improvements to the technical sales process
- Able to spot opportunities for improvement in the sales process that may be in need of improvement
- Comfortable traveling up to 50% of the time and meeting face to face with customers
- Comfortable giving technical presentations regarding our product to large groups (from 5 - 500 people)
What You Bring To The Team:
- 10+ years of experience working as a Sales Engineer or in a similar role
- 5+ years of experience in a Sales Engineering/Technical Sales leadership role, previous experience as a Director a plus
- Experience building teams, coaching and mentoring
- Experience in endpoint or network security space – eg. AV, EDR, incident response, forensics, SIEM, firewall, HIPS/IDS, etc
- Experience working in or with MSPs and VARs
- Experience with malware, threat intelligence, and/or sandbox analysis
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of external audiences, including C-level executives
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Experience with programming or scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, and Bash a plus
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Familiarity with MSP tools such as RMMs and PSAs
What We Offer:
- 100% remote work environment - since our founding in 2015
- Generous paid time off policy including vacation, sick time, and paid holidays
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Highly competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits plans
- 401(k) with 5% contribution regardless of employee contribution
- Life and Disability insurance plans
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- One-time $500 stipend to build/upgrade home office
- Annual allowance for education and professional development assistance
- $75 USD/month digital reimbursement
- Access to both Udemy and BetterUp platforms for coaching, personal, and professional growth
Huntress is committed to creating a culture of inclusivity where every single member of our team is valued, has a voice, and is empowered to show up to work every day as their full self.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We do discriminate against hackers who try to exploit small businesses.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Please note non-accommodation requests to this inbox will not receive a response.
If you have any questions about your personal data privacy at Huntress, please visit our privacy page.