Reports to: Senior Director of Product Management
Location: Remote US
Compensation Range: $215,000- $240,000 base plus bonus and equity
What We Do:
Founded in 2015 as a fully remote company by former NSA cyber operators, Huntress was built on a simple premise: to force hackers to earn every inch of their access.
Today’s cyber-attacks aren’t limited to large organizations with the security tools that can ward off threats. Hackers don't discriminate and will find a way to penetrate any vulnerability in any size business, which is why Huntress focuses on protecting those small to midsize businesses that make up the backbone of our economy.
Huntress stops hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools by utilizing our award-winning security platform and expert human threat hunters through dynamic products including Managed EDR, MDR for Microsoft 365, and Managed Security Awareness Training.
Join the hunt and help us stop hackers in their tracks!
About the Role:
We are building a product management organization to own and drive our product strategy and are looking for an experienced product manager leader to join this growing team. As Director of Product Management at Huntress, you will be a “player coach” responsible for leading and driving the success and expansion of our flagship EDR product, including 1 initial direct report. It is the cornerstone of the Huntress Security Platform, serving SMB and mid-sized clients through MSP/MSSP and Reseller channels.
This position offers the chance to cast the vision to scale an already wildly successful product past $100M and beyond, sustaining and building on a remarkable existing growth rate. You will own the vision, goals, and (in partnership with other functions) execution of a SaaS offering (like other Huntress products) that keeps SMB and mid-market customers safe and secure online with cutting-edge capabilities currently only found in the largest enterprises. You will work very closely with the company founders, engineering leaders, support, sales and marketing teams as well as other Product Managers.
To be successful in this position you must possess a combination of strong business acumen and technical skills to bridge customer business requirements with trends in the threat landscape. You must be comfortable frequently interacting with customers, prospects, and industry analysts and be able to articulate our value proposition. You also must have a proven track record of working closely with engineering teams and being able to clearly articulate business goals in technical terms.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the product team and relevant stakeholders to set the Managed EDR product vision and strategy and clearly articulate the business value so that everyone understands where we are headed
- Provide direct PM leadership for the highly experienced, fast-moving product team that drives our EDR offering
- Provide management, coaching, and leadership to product management staff working on EDR and contribute to organizational improvement initiatives as part of the PM leadership team
- Analyze market trends and perform competitor analysis and research in order to drive strategy as well as pricing and the product roadmap
- Demonstrate an ability to decipher and articulate potentially ambiguous client needs and mold them into successful, innovative solutions that surprise and delight the customer
- Work with designers, engineers, and architects to create detailed business requirements, epics, and user stories that will be used to shape product specifications and architecture
- Prioritize features by assessing their alignment with the broader product strategy and initiatives as well as unmet market needs
- Participate as a key contributor in all phases of product development, from discovery to launch
- Drive and manage product roadmap and go-to-market strategy by working closely with marketing, sales, and executive leadership teams
- Collaborate with marketing and other key stakeholders to drive and execute product launches to market
- Derive feedback and insights from customers through face-to-face interaction and collaboration throughout the product development lifecycle
- Serve as the intermediary between engineering and senior leadership and other non-technical stakeholders with the ability to break down and translate highly technical information into layman's terms and vice versa
- Drive high-level strategic initiatives and execution while possessing a willingness to dig into the weeds, when necessary
- Work with design teams and engineering to produce mockups, wireframes, and eventual prototypes to assess the validity and strength of a new product or feature idea.
- Manage and drive results from user experience testing and gain crucial insights into how customers use (or don’t use) the platform
- In partnership with product operations, provide product metrics, including conversion rate, churn rate, and monthly recurring revenue, etc. to track and analyze the success of the product strategy
What You Bring To The Team:
- 8+ years of experience in a product management role with past responsibility for EDR / XDR products or others related to threat detection, response, IR, or threat intelligence
- Mid-market experience is a significant benefit
- Demonstrated success driving longer-term vision and strategy that resulted in competitive outperformance
- Experience leading product innovation, feature ideation, delivery, and launch
- Experience working in an agile development environment using agile development tools
- Leverage excellent written and verbal communication skills to create epics and stories for engineering that align engineers with intended outcomes
- Experience with products delivered from AWS or other cloud environments
- Strong creative and critical thinking abilities
- Experience with G Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Forms)
What We Offer:
- 100% remote work environment - since our founding in 2015
- Generous paid time off policy including vacation, sick time, and paid holidays
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Highly competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits plans
- 401(k) with 5% contribution regardless of employee contribution
- Life and Disability insurance plans
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- One-time $500 reimbursement to build/upgrade home office
- Annual allowance for education and professional development assistance
- $75 USD/month digital reimbursement
- Access to both Udemy and BetterUp platforms for coaching, personal, and professional growth
Huntress is committed to creating a culture of inclusivity where every single member of our team is valued, has a voice, and is empowered to come to work every day just as they are.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We do discriminate against hackers who try to exploit small businesses.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that non-accommodation requests to this inbox will not receive a response.
If you have any questions about your personal data privacy at Huntress, please visit our privacy page.