Reports to: Head of UX
Compensation Range: $105,000 to $140,000 base plus bonus and equity
What We Do:
Founded in 2015 by former NSA cyber operators, Huntress was built on a simple premise: to force hackers to earn every inch of their access.
Today’s cyber-attacks aren’t limited to large organizations with the security tools that can ward off threats. Hackers don't discriminate and will find a way to penetrate any vulnerability in any size business. Huntress enables IT providers and resellers to stop hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools.
Through a combination of expert human threat hunters, a comprehensive platform, and a desire to make the world a safer place, we’re working to deliver cybersecurity to the 99%—those small to midsize businesses that make up the backbone of our economy.
Join the hunt and help us stop hackers in their tracks!
What You’ll Do:
Huntress is growing fast and part of that growth is due to the acquisition of a Security Awareness Training platform called Curricula. Some of the best and most sophisticated cybersecurity technologies today are being rendered useless by one simple thing: employees. Unlike other IT services, security isn’t something you can set and forget. It requires constant vigilance, monitoring and training—and everyday users need to play an active role as you strengthen your defenses. Huntress Security Awareness Training (SAT) delivers a powerful—and fun—combination of episodes, assessments, simulations and reports to help employees become more cyber savvy in the fight against bad actors. Your work as a Senior UX/UI Designer will help our clients and partners train their users, and help them fix boring security awareness training.
We’re currently looking for a designer for our Security Awareness Training product, and as a designer on our team, you will ensure a human-centered approach by gathering user feedback, designing thoughtful user journeys, and crafting efficient and easily consumable user interfaces. You will validate designs through user testing, surveys, and similar methods. You will help drive features by whiteboarding, wherein designers, product managers, and engineers all collaborate to address details and edge cases of the user experience. As a fully remote design team, you will take part in virtual design critiques, where you will have the opportunity to give and receive feedback on design decisions.
The ideal designer for this role is someone who is passionate about human-centered, empathy-driven, accessible, and inclusive product design.
- UX Documentation (interaction rules, design system, Workflow Design)
- User Research (Journey Maps, feedback review, interviews)
- User Interface Design (Wire-framing, low to high-fidelity mockups, interactive prototypes)
- Sitemap improvements (Information Architecture)
What You Bring To The Team:
- At least 5 years of experience in User Experience Design
- Skilled at expressing & communicating design rationale verbally or in writing
- Proficiency with design software (we use Figma & Axure at Huntress)
- Ability to gather and analyze quantitative & qualitative data
- Excellent web design skills
- Familiarity with human-computer interaction psychology principles
- Experience designing SaaS products
- Design Portfolio required for this position
Nice-to-Have but not required:
- Experience designing online educational or learning products
- An understanding of Web Development
- Experience with Tailwind CSS design system
- Degree in design, psychology, computer science, or related field
What We Offer:
- 100% remote work environment - since our founding in 2015
- Generous paid time off policy including vacation, sick time, and paid holidays
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Highly competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits plans
- 401(k) with 5% contribution regardless of employee contribution
- Life and Disability insurance plans
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- One-time $500 stipend to build/upgrade home office
- Annual allowance for education and professional development assistance
- $75 USD/month digital reimbursement
- Access to both Udemy and BetterUp platforms for coaching, personal, and professional growth
Huntress is committed to creating a culture of inclusivity where every single member of our team is valued, has a voice, and is empowered to show up to work every day as their full self.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We do discriminate against hackers who try to exploit small businesses.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note non-accommodation requests to this inbox will not receive a response.
If you have any questions about your personal data privacy at Huntress, please visit our privacy page.