Huntress provides an industry-leading threat hunting solution to compliment existing security stacks and identify new and old footholds missed by traditional antivirus. Developed by former NSA cyberwarfare operators, Huntress represents a new layer of security by actively hunting down threats that may have slipped past other layers of protection while integrating seamlessly with existing security measures.
Huntress seeks a CNO Developer to design custom software tools and techniques on Windows or macOS platforms. This role is responsible for end-to-end design and development of custom software including diagnosing and debugging issues as they arise. The ideal candidate will have a firm understanding of the underlying operating system and how networks work; develop documentation pertinent to operating and supporting developed software and techniques; and solve real-time cyber challenges.
- Develop security software with minimal guidance
- Contribute to the development of tests plans and evaluation reports, and assist during activities for testing software security mechanisms for operation effectiveness and deployment readiness
- Apply knowledge of software and Operating Systems fundamentals toward development efforts on Windows and macOS.
- Demonstrate solid problem solving and debugging skills to determine the root cause of a software defect
- Work on a customer facing product, collecting and iterating on customer feedback (?)
- Deep understanding of Golang, C/C++, Python (preferred)
- Strong understanding of software design and organization best practices
- Strong experience with Windows internals, Win32 and Native APIs
- Experience with socket programming
- Experience with unit testing
- Familiarity with network architecture, security, and design
- Continuous integration and DevOps: Jenkins, GIT, Docker, Vagrant
- 5+ years of full time engineering experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with macOS development
- Experience in the security space
- Experience in a startup environment
- Experience working in a fully remote organization