Human Agency offers full-service business solutions to partners and the organizations we create. We are a team of problem solvers driven by purpose and commitment to the free exercise of our and our partners’ human agency.
- Owning projects to improve the information architecture, interaction design, and interface of Human Agency tools to help deliver incredible user experiences
- Work with leadership to craft, refine, implement, and communicate design vision and product strategy across the organization
- Partner with CPO to define objectives, understand user needs, and concept solutions
- Work with the product and client facing teams to define user journeys and visual specs
- Conduct research and commit to finding the right solutions for users
- Design detailed user flows, wireframes and polished interfaces for user testing and dev handoff
- Create, test, and refine prototypes of varying fidelity levels
- Collaborate with engineering to visually QA the UI
- Implement, maintain, and evolve the Human Agency design system through organized documentation and repeatable processes
- Take ownership over your work and systems
- Be a champion of great design and customer experiences within the organization
- You have 5+ years of experience designing consumer products for mobile and web
- Your portfolio shows that you've worked on a range of challenging projects across all steps of the design process: research, prototyping, and visual aesthetics
- You have expertise in interactive design, information architecture, motion, or visual design
- You champion user-centered design principles and methodologies
- You are comfortable with UX research methods including interviews, surveys, and usability testing
- You love collaboration and have excellent communication skills
- You are detail-oriented but can also take a birds-eye view on your work
- You have the ability to self-critique and self-manage
- You are open and receptive to others’ opinions and ideas
- You obsess over process
- You obsess even more about the customer
- You are pretty great at Figma, Sketch, or a comparable design & prototyping toolset
- You’re fluent in English
- You have proven experience of impacting society at scale through great design
- You enjoy mentoring those who are interested in design and want to grow their skills
- You have prior startup experience
- Empower people to lead lives they find meaningful
- Deliver real impact
- Live with purpose, love, and adventure
- Pursue pragmatic idealism
- Educate through storytelling
Human Agency is the best place to build a career in the 2020s
- Work: We are a work from anywhere team with employees spanning 11 states and 5 countries. Yes, we’re remote, but we know nothing beats a good jam session, so we offer in-person office and travel opportunities to all employees. Want to visit Caroline in Austin to crank out a pitch with the team? We’ll get you a ticket, place to stay, and lots of tacos.
- Benefits: Healthcare and education are human rights. We offer 100% employee and dependent healthcare coverage, HSA contributions, 401k with match, a 529 with match, and two FSAs to support your growth and well-being.
- Live: We offer unlimited PTO, PTO minimums, paid sabbaticals, paid maternity/paternity leave, and 9 paid holidays to ensure you get the rest you need to feel…well, human.
- Office: Your work environment should be conducive to your health and productivity. We’ll help you deck out your home office and pay for a shared work space if you need a change of scenery.
- Studios: Have an idea for a new product or project? We'll provide resources, funding, and other studio support to make it a reality.
- Learn: In addition to the 529 match, we offer subsidized continuing education and support for select graduate programs.
- Give: A portion of all Human Agency profits are dedicated to humanitarian aid, environmental advocacy, and an employee directed disaster relief.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Human Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Human Agency is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.