Our Mission 🌏🏡:
To create the most advanced technology platform for the rental accommodation industry — To help people with housing, anywhere.
You will be joining the communications team at the Marketing department. The department consists of multiple teams focused on driving growth to the platform through omni-channel marketing and rapid experimentation. The teams are responsible for various domains: SEO, Paid Advertising, Public Affairs, Public Relations, Strategic Partnerships, Email Marketing & CRM, Lead Generation, Social Media and Content Marketing. As the window (not a gatekeeper) of HousingAnywhere, the communications team acts as the eyes, ears and voice to/for both internal and external stakeholders.
With you joining us, the communications team will consist of 8 professionals: YOU, Brand & Communications Manager, Policy Advisor, Email & CRM Marketing Specialist, Partnership Specialist, 2 Social Media Specialists and Head of Public Policy and Communications. The team plans to expand further in 2023 to accelerate the organization’s growth.
As PR Manager, your core purpose, strategy and activities will evolve around ‘amplifying our core values and thought leadership’ as a respected and purpose-driven organization dedicated to creating a sustainable rental ecosystem. You will be our inside-out communications specialist with an exceptional talent in and passion for media relations to strengthen our reputation and positioning in the minds of our key stakeholders. You will focus on increasing the share-of-voice amongst our direct competitors and enhancing the quality of messages to strengthen our position and proposition in the markets we operate in. You will work closely with all of our team members, especially with Brand and Communications Manager and Policy Advisor to match internal and external (market, policy, trend, ect) developments to nurture and/or seize the right opportunities. You will report to the Head of Public Policy and Communications.
- Develop and manage communications focus themes and key messages translating our core values and strengths into media stories
- Own, foster and manage the relationship with key European and global media, PR agencies (currently present in 4 key markets with a plan to expand further) and other stakeholders relevant to our focus markets to maximize desired output
- Continuously monitor our internal development (product, market, people, data, research etc), external trend of inter-related industries to identify and develop exclusive media opportunities
- Benchmark competitor’s PR activities to identify their strategy and outperform their presence both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Analyze and evaluate PR performance to drive and improve PR strategy and execution in a continuous basis
- 3+ years of proven experience in Public Relations with a strong copy writing capability, working for an international & fast-growing brand. Agency experience is a plus
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven approach, at ease with using tools and advanced data reports
- Deep understanding of residential real estate, proptech and/or higher education is a big plus
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are a must. Fluency in Dutch and any other European language, is a plus
What else is in it for you?
- Unlimited holiday policy!
- Personal development budget of 1,000 EUR per year.
- Work in a spacious, modern and brand-new office in the heart of Rotterdam.
- Beer & Cheers every Friday.
- We will support your relocation process (e.g., flights and VISA)
- Starting: ASAP
- Full-time position (40 hours a week)
- You will work from our HQs in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, but with the flexibility to work remotely when needed.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our team of colleagues are of many ethnicities, religions, countries of origin, sexual orientations, genders and abilities. We Celebrate Differences. The team culture is very open and we're all motivated by our vision to help people with housing, anywhere!
HousingAnywhere is Europe’s largest rental accommodation marketplace. With the full ownership of Kamernet and the acquisition of majority stakes of Studapart, the company represents 20 million+ yearly unique visitors, 160,000+ properties available for rent and 96,000+ tenants finding their new homes in Europe, based on the 2021 performance. Young professionals and students, mostly aged between 18 and 35, looking to rent a home are matched with accommodation providers; ranging from private real estate owners to large-scale property managers. Through its advanced platform, tenants typically book for longer stays outside of their country of origin and rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months. The company aims to help 130,000+ people find a home in Europe in 2022 with a plan to rapidly expand our footprint globally. The Rotterdam-based technology scale-up currently employs 260+ people.