HousingAnywhere is Europe's largest rental accommodation marketplace, with 10 million unique visitors per year and 60,000+ properties available for rent. Young professionals and students looking to rent a home are matched with accommodation providers, ranging from private real estate owners to large-scale property managers. Through its advanced platform, tenants book for longer stays and typically rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months. As a Rotterdam-based technology start-up, we employ 140 people and we are focused on 32 key cities throughout Europe, with plans to rapidly expand our footprint.
In 2017, we were awarded the 4th most innovative company in the Netherlands and the 1st most innovative company in Rotterdam by the Dutch Chamber of Commerce. In 2018, 2019 and 2020, we have been listed as one of the fastest-growing prop-tech companies in the Netherlands (Deloitte’s Fast 50 ranking) and in Europe (Deloitte’s Fast 500 ranking).
As our AR and Dispute Resolution Specialist, you will be part of the Finance department, which currently consists of 9 people. You will work for the Customer Finance team and your responsibilities will include:
- Helping our users with financial related issues about their subscriptions or Premium memberships via email.
- Ensuring we are receiving the payments for our services, and record these transactions accordingly in our systems.
- Securing our estimated revenue by resolving any discrepancies.
- Supporting the finance team by handling possible payment disputes and chargebacks.
- Managing feedback and reviews related to the finance department. Our goal is to support all users in finding a suitable home or tenant. All feedback, positive or negative, will be managed and responded to appropriately.
- You will contribute to identifying improvements to automate issues and improve the processes and performance of the team.
- You speak English and Dutch on an above-average level (key to communicate with our clients). Other European languages are a true asset!
- You have at least 2 years of experience in Accounts Receivable and dispute resolution. Experience in an online marketplace is an advantage.
- You have an Intermediate to advanced level of computer skills.
- You are someone capable of taking on new challenges.
- You don’t drown in a glass of water because you are a problem solver.
- You consider yourself to be someone able to work on teams and that at the same time has the ability to work independently, take initiative and go the extra mile to reach the targets.
- You have the ability to structure your work following the team’s checklists and develop your own to do lists. Paying attention to details is very important to you.
- You are persistent, and this is a central characteristic of our team.
- Starting: as soon as possible
- Full-time position (40 hours a week)
- You will work from our HQ in Rotterdam, the Netherlands
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.