To help people with housing, anywhere.
Building a safe, efficient and global platform for anyone looking for or renting out a place.
Our Core Values
We Care. We Perform. We Evolve.
At HousingAnywhere, the development teams are organised across two primary domains, Product Engineering and Platform Engineering. You will join the Platform engineering team, but you will get to work closely with all the product and engineering teams across both domains.
Within the Engineering team, we believe that all engineers own the quality of their deliverables and are accountable for it. We invest in Continuous Delivery and experiment with testing early in the development to testing in production and everything in between.
As a Quality Architect, your job is two-fold. As an advisor and a consultant, you stand by the engineering teams, helping them find the right balance between speed of delivery and quality, while continually raising the bar on the overall quality. You facilitate the teams to experiment different QA practices and adopt what works best for each team enabling them to roll out features and capabilities with confidence. You will be accountable for the Quality Vision at HousingAnywhere and evolve it as we grow.
On the other hand, you also act as a Solution Architect, you will develop processes, build tools and solutions for the engineering teams to optimise their build-test-deploy cycles. You explore, introduce and help the teams adopt these test methodologies. You also help teams adopt, optimise and manage their continuous delivery processes.
Our platform and the application is largely developed using React and Go and is powered by Kubernetes and several GCP backed services. Our testing stack consists of Cypress, Prism and Loki and we use Jenkins as our CI server. Familiarity and experience with any of these tools is a big plus, but don't worry if you don't know it all - we will help you get up to speed with them.
Who we look for
- You preferably have around 7 years of developing scalable automation code from unit to system
- You have a keen interest in security and data privacy - experience with security testing is a plus
- You have knowledge and understanding across the breadth of the QA domain and about various functional and non-functional testing disciplines
- You are eager to learn and experiment with new tools and processes
- You enjoy taking responsibilities and making decisions independently
- You are an easy communicator with other colleagues at various levels and functions, within and outside the team
What about working at HousingAnywhere?
Our team of colleagues exists out of many ethnicities, religions, countries of origin, sexual orientations, genders and abilities. We welcome everyone.
Over the past couple of months, the majority of our staff has worked from home, wherever that is, and we will continue to do so in the future. You are always welcome in our newly built office in the heart of Rotterdam, the most beautiful city of the Netherlands, where you find modern equipment, meet your colleagues in person, and enjoy a stunning view of the city.
The team culture is very open and we’re all motivated by our vision to help people with housing, anywhere. This is what drives us every day and we invite you to do the same.
At HousingAnywhere we are building the biggest rental platform in the world that powers superior products for the mid-term rental accommodation market.
At the moment we provide two products: HousingAnywhere MarketPlace and HousingAnywhere Payments, both powered by the HousingAnywhere Platform.
HousingAnywhere is active in 50+ countries and 400+ cities. We are partners with 160+ universities worldwide and currently target the international students and young professionals market. We are expanding to other audiences as well.
In 2017, we were awarded the 4th most innovative company in the Netherlands and the 1st most innovative company in Rotterdam by the Dutch Chamber of Commerce.
In 2018, 2019 and 2020, we have been listed as one of the fastest-growing prop-tech companies in the Netherlands (Deloitte’s Fast 50 ranking) and in Europe (Deloitte’s Fast 500 ranking).
What we offer
- You have the opportunity to take full ownership of your work and dare to do things differently. Here, all ideas matter.
- Work with a creative, diverse and inclusive team! Think 130+ people from 30+ different nationalities.
- Budget for Dutch or English classes to help you kick off your stay in the Netherlands, and help you immerse into the Dutch culture.
- 10 % of the time on personal development and side projects.
- Work in a spacious, modern and brand new office in heart of Rotterdam, with free coffee and snacks, and a social space with entertainment facilities.
- Personal equipment including new MacBook, screens and adjustable tables and chairs.
- We don’t care about what you wear. You’re welcome to wear a 3-piece tuxedo or even a dragon onesie, we won’t judge you. Maybe a little.
- Work from anywhere is our policy, including flexible working hours.
- Unlimited holiday policy, with a minimum amount mandatory each year.
- Are you coming from abroad? We provide a relocation package.
- Full-time position (40 hours a week) w/ schedule flexibility
- An opportunity to work remotely or on-site at our HQ in Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Relocation package with visa sponsorship provided
Email Dasha at email@example.com 🙋🏼♀️