Our Vision 🏡
To help people with housing, anywhere.
Our Mission 🌍
Building a safe, efficient and global rental marketplace for anyone looking for or renting out a place.
Our Core Values 💛
We Care. We Perform. We Evolve.
Your Impact 💥
As a Team Lead, you will be leading one of our awesome feature teams (i.e. Listings, Search & Discovery, Bookings, etc) inside the Product Development division. As we have reached the scaleup phase at HousingAnywhere, our rapid growth has brought on new challenges. We are building new exciting features to improve our marketplace platform, and, at the same time, we are focused on the quality and scalability of our development infrastructure.
You have the opportunity to bring impact by working closely with one of our POs to solve interesting technical challenges with the support of your team. As a team lead, you are also expected to be accountable for the team delivery, and to be a mentor, a role model for the people reporting into you, of course you will also support, empower and guide them to move forward in our Career Ladder™ and achieve their career goals. You will also be responsible to help us scale the teams by hiring the missing software engineers in your team. At the same time you will be a champion of our engineering culture and will ensure that the technology vision and our principles are well understood and applied in your team.
And our stack?
In the frontend we are React lovers. We use Redux, CSS-in-JS, TypeScript, NodeJS and all tools related to this stack. Our backend is powered by Golang backed with a Postgres database. We’re currently moving our backend to a service-oriented architecture (microservices). Our main infrastructure is in Google Cloud Platform. We've been using React, GraphQL and Golang in production environments since the early days. A few years ago we started using Kubernetes, and nowadays all our new services run in the cluster.
Who you are
- A leader: you like being accountable for the whole team and you are capable to unleash a team potential by empowering and supporting team members
- A product-oriented person: you love developing products that help people and you’re driven by the impact you can make.
- You believe in conceptual integrity of the codebase, that is, there are many possible architecture and patterns, but you ensure you understand what are the ones we have chosen and ensure they are applied in your team.
- A real team player. You understand your colleagues may have different opinions and you consider them to make our product better. You understand how to challenge ideas, disagree and still commit to team decisions
- A pragmatic and quality driven engineer. You believe in the importance of writing good unit, integration and E2E tests.
- An advocate of clean and simple solutions. You always have intention, adaptability and scalability in mind.
- A tech junkie! You are interested in new technologies and you constantly seek to improve personally,whether that is at work or in your spare time. You want to use this knowledge to coach the members of your team as well.
- You have experience in leading and coaching an engineering team. You know how to motivate your team and how to resolve conflicts when they occur.
- Experience with React/Redux, Typescript & NodeJS is a strong asset
- You’re experienced with test automation and you are interested in TDD best practices
- You have experience with online marketplaces, service providers and/or API development
- Have 10 years of experience in web development. If you have less than 10 years of experience, we still want to hear from you!
HousingAnywhere is the biggest global booking platform for mid-term rental accommodation in the world. Being a peer-to-peer marketplace, we create an experience that serves both sides of the rental accommodation market and creates a direct connection between tenants and landlords. HousingAnywhere is active in 50+ countries and 400+ cities. We are partners with 160+ universities worldwide and currently target the international students and young professionals market. We are expanding to other audiences as well.
In 2017, we were awarded 4th most innovative company in the Netherlands and the 1st most innovative company in Rotterdam by the Dutch Chamber of Commerce.
In 2018, we have been honored by being the fastest growing propTech company in the Netherlands as part of the Technology Fast 50 ranking of Deloitte.
What we offer:
🚀Get ready to make a real impact and hit the ground running with early responsibilities. You have the opportunity to take full ownership of your work and dare to do things differently. Here, all ideas matter.
👩🏻👨🏾👦🏼👽 Work with a crazy unconventional team! Think 120 people from 30+ different nationalities. It’s like being on a round-the-world trip while you’re in the office.
📈 Trainings, workshops, conferences, books. It’s up to you.
📚 Budget for Dutch or English classes to help you kick off your stay in the Netherlands, and help you immerse into the Dutch culture.
🌇 Work in the heart of Rotterdam in an office with an amazing view! If you're looking for a city that is always packed with new things to discover, amazing architecture, a strong international community, this is the perfect place for you!
👕We don’t care about what you wear. You’re welcome to wear a 3-piece tuxedo or even a dragon onesie, we won’t judge you. Maybe a little.
🍻 Beers & Cheers! Get to know your colleagues over drinks while we celebrate our achievements every Friday.
✈️Are you coming from abroad? No worries, we’ve got you covered!
- Full-time position (40 hours a week) w/ schedule flexibility
- You will work from our HQ in Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Starting: ASAP
- Relocation/work permit support provided
Email Dasha at firstname.lastname@example.org 🙋🏼♀️