Our Vision 🌏🏡
To help people with housing, anywhere.
Our Mission 💻✨
Building a safe, efficient and global rental marketplace for anyone looking for or renting out a place.
Our Core Values 💛
We Care. We Perform. We Evolve.
Your impact 💥
- Establish an engineering culture of high-value technical decisions, in which Engineers understand how the platform impacts the business.
- Guide the team to successfully build features, write automated tests and refactor code.
- Manage and build a team of engineers, helping them grow as professionals; mentor and coach your engineering team leads to make them effective at managing their teams.
- Contribute to the product roadmap with the VP of Product to balance product and technology features according to stakeholders’ needs.
- Manage the technical debt, establish measures to reduce it and ensure the architectures continuously evolves.
- Establish and communicate clear metrics and processes for monitoring, quality and delivering.
- Proactively resolve issues that stand in your team’s way to success.
- Strategise on tech stack improvements and maximise the engineering team’s throughput.
- Manage budget and licensing of the tools used by your team.
Our tech stack
- In the frontend we are React lovers. We use Redux, CSS-in-JS, TypeScript, NodeJS and all tools related to this stack.
- Our backend is powered by Golang and PostgreSQL. We’re almost done moving our backend to a service-oriented architecture (microservices). Our main infrastructure is in Google Cloud Platform.
- We've been using React, GraphQL and Golang in production environments since the early days. A few years ago we started using Kubernetes, and nowadays all our new services run in the cluster.
- Our data infrastructure is a mix of in-house and 3rd party solutions, trying to be as light and scalable as possible. We are running all our jobs on Airflow using Google Cloud Composer. We have a strong track record of successful machine learning projects, all running in the cluster. These products are used either to enhance our internal processes or to enrich the experience of our users. In this domain, we love Python and gave a try to basically all the libraries and algorithms available out there (scikit-learn, Keras, XGBoost, LightGBM).
Who you are 👩🏽👩🏻👨🏾👦🏼👽🎅🏽
- A growth-oriented person: You’re driven by the impact you can make. You demonstrate a strong work ethic and a positive attitude towards challenges.
- A real team player. You understand your colleagues may have different opinions and you consider them to make our product better. You understand how to listen to ideas and challenge them. You foster environments in which the best ideas win.
- You are competitive and have a strong desire to win. You focus on delivery.
- An advocate of clean and simple solutions. You always have intention, adaptability and scalability in mind.
- A tech junkie! You are interested in new technologies and you constantly seek to improve personally, whether that is at work or in your spare time.
- A strong believer in technology and the power it has to change the world and people's lives for the better.
What you bring to the table ✂️ 📐💡🍕
- You have at least 7 years of experience in an engineering leadership role and scaling teams.
- You have carried a product and engineering vision forward.
- You have empowered teams by making them fully responsible for their respective domains and when needed, hold them accountable.
- You have a strong focus on execution and delivery.
- Good understanding of distributed systems, CI/CD and automated testing.
- Experience with meeting the (high) expectations that you can expect in a fast-growing startup environment.
- Excellent people and managerial skills, strong record of professional achievement, work ethic, and positive attitude.
- Experienced in working with people from many different nationalities and backgrounds.
- Fluent in English.
About HousingAnywhere 🏠
HousingAnywhere is the biggest global booking platform for mid-term rental accommodation in the world. Being a peer-to-peer marketplace, we create an experience that serves both sides of the rental accommodation market and creates a direct connection between tenants and landlords. HousingAnywhere is active in 50+ countries and 400+ cities. We are partners with 160+ universities worldwide and currently target the international students and young professionals market. We are expanding to other audiences as well.
In 2017, we were awarded 4th most innovative company in the Netherlands and the 1st most innovative company in Rotterdam by the Dutch Chamber of Commerce.
In 2018, we have been honored by being the fastest growing Proptech company in the Netherlands as part of the Technology Fast 50 ranking of Deloitte.
In 2019, we were again part of the Technology Fast 50 ranking of Deloitte.
What’s in it for you?
🚀Get ready to make a real impact and hit the ground running with early responsibilities. You have the opportunity to take full ownership of your work and dare to do things differently. Here, all ideas matter.
👩🏻👨🏾👦🏼👽 Work with a crazy unconventional team! Think 110 people from 30 different nationalities. It’s like being on a round-the-world trip while you’re in the office.
📈 Trainings, workshops, conferences, books. It’s up to you.
📚 Budget for Dutch or English classes to help you kick off your stay in the Netherlands, and help you immerse into the Dutch culture.
🌇 Work in the heart of Rotterdam in an office with an amazing view! If you're looking for a city that is always packed with new things to discover, amazing architecture, a strong international community, this is the perfect place for you!
👕We don’t care about what you wear. You’re welcome to wear a 3-piece tuxedo or even a dragon onesie, we won’t judge you. Maybe a little.
🍻 Beers & Cheers! Get to know your colleagues over drinks while we celebrate our achievements every Friday.
✈️Are you coming from abroad? No worries, we’ve got you covered!
- Full-time position (40 hours a week) w/ schedule flexibility
- You will work from our HQ in Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Starting: ASAP
- Relocation/work permit support provided
Email Darya at Darya@housinganywhere.com 🙋🏼♀️