This role is open to:
- Any of our office locations (San Francisco, New York, Minneapolis) or fully remote
You know how to plan, manage and execute campaigns across social and digital channels. You like to push boundaries and bring big thinking and ideas to clients from enterprise B2B to consumer. You’re deadline-focused, and know how to keep projects on track. You love to manage teams across multiple disciplines to build integrated programs that deliver real business impact for our clients. You’re collaborative and willing to work and lead teams to do bold new things. You have a growth mindset and look to solve client problems in new ways as social media and digital practices evolve and shift.
We are the pre-eminent global tech communications consultancy. We are a group of expert communicators who are fanatical about tech and are here to help businesses ignite their possibilities. Our local experience and global scale allow us to deliver bold but pragmatic comms guidance to tech companies all over the world.
When you work with us, we connect and support you in a way that allows you to achieve limitless success and career growth. For years now, we’ve been named a Best Place to Work by PR Week, PRNews and Crain’s New York.
We are connected, ambitious, adventurous, transparent and proactive, but most of all we are one team working together to be the global alternative.
We are looking for an exceptional person to join our team as a Director, Digital.
As a Director, Digital at Hotwire, you will oversee the social and digital components of multiple accounts while leading and managing teams across integrated programs including media relations, content, research and more. You will provide strategic support and tactical counsel to clients, and manage the appropriate implementation on a variety of projects in a timely, deadline-focused manner to deliver impactful results for clients, and business success for Hotwire.
- Educate staff and clients on digital and social media best practice when required
- Partner with account leads and creative/content team to develop content that will amplify engagement and reach
- Responsible for day-to-day stewardship of the business, managing budgets and billing
- Identify opportunities for agency/team learning and develop tools/suggestions to expand agency knowledge and understanding of digital and social media communications at Hotwire
- Contribute to and attend new business pitches where all pitches include digital contribution
- Assist and contribute to the development of long-term strategic client plans and program recommendations, developing budgets, generating digital recommendations
- Responsible for reviewing all major digital milestone deliverables prior to client submission, and shares in accountability for all client deliverables
- Manages tactical initiatives for the Client's business; maintains a focus on the short-term. deliverables, concurrent with a firm understanding of client's long-term goals
- Communicates regularly with larger account team on status, timeline, budget, deliverables, performance reporting, competitive intelligence analysis and other follow-up items
- Demonstrate knowledge of top-tier traditional and social media outlets, as well as key influencers, important to clients’ business
- Execute social networking, media campaigns and influencer outreach. Set client and influencer expectations with the use of formal agreements
- Oversee effective social media monitoring and measurement to uncover both business and communication insights and opportunities
- 5-10 years of related professional experience either in agency or at technology companies
- Experience with paid social programing (Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and all others as relevant)
- General understanding of the SEO impact for all digital programming including ability to craft search advertising and keyword recommendations for client needs (knowledge of SEMrush preferred)
- Strong understanding of accepted and evolved digital media KPIs with ability to forecast results
- Solid knowledge base of influencer contracting, negotiating and general best practices
- Should be able to speak to Performance (Growth) marketing (ABM) initiatives, Media planning, Paid Search (Google & Bing), Affiliate, Email / CRM, Google Analytics, and Display Advertising
- Understanding that life doesn’t always fit around the 9-5; and that work/life integration is crucial
- The Hotwire Bootcamp – an annual all company trip with the global team
- Wellness allowance, internet and phone reimbursement and strong medical health care plans to choose from
- Strong learning and development program
- Freedom and support to be limitless within the business
- Paid sabbatical after every 4 years at Hotwire
- A connected, courageous, ambitious and friendly team
- An exciting and rewarding long-term career, bringing constant challenge and fresh opportunities as you develop
- The opportunity to have global reach
- The opportunity to own your career. We support our staff to create the career they want and we'd love to talk to you about what's possible
At Hotwire, we engage in Thoughtful Working, which encourages our employees to work in the best possible way for our clients, our team and ourselves, every single day.