Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
As the Senior Manager of Member Experience, you will own the success and scaling of our Member Experience team by ensuring we maintain and excel world class customer service. You will create a “customer obsessed” culture on the team in which together we thrive. This includes coaching and leading leaders, along with motivating the overall team to hit our various KPI’s and overall OKR’s.
Our company is quickly growing, and therefore we are looking for an individual who wants to continually elevate the overall productivity, skills and development of our teammates while highlighting and implementing opportunities for efficiency gains.
Here's what you'll do:
- Lead, develop and grow a team of Member Experience Managers who oversee an expanding department of agents which operates 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Own our member’s customer experience journey and deeply understand the positives and pitfalls that our members, our suppliers and our very own employees experience while using our product.
- Be the visible leader of the Member Experience department within our organization by setting and articulating a vision, providing ongoing communication, and work cross functionally with other department heads
- Manage projects to increase overall team efficiency and resolve existing technological errors
- Analyze data to inform decision making and identify potential team opportunities by working with our operations analysts
- Research and implement new methodologies, concepts and industry trends to ensure that Hotel Engine is on the leading edge of customer service
- Continually iterate, improve and inform the Member Experience team on adaptation of new companywide practices
- Own all HR related tasks, including payroll management and scheduling needs.
Here's what we're looking for:
- 5+ years of leadership or management experience in a customer experience role
- 1-2+ years of leading “leaders” preferred
- Excellent people leader utilizing relationship, coaching, and retention tools
- Experience with Excel, Call Center Analytics, and Salesforce.com (CRM) strongly preferred
- Highly skilled in communicating and presenting information to all levels of the company, including executives.
- Naturally inclined to a solution-based approach for issue resolution
- You are a time management guru and can work through your day, week and month effectively.
- Forward thinker with the capacity to be creative in developing new ideas and implement proven methods for the team
- Able to work quickly and efficiently while still being thorough
- Excellent active listening skills
- Experience working in the travel tech industry or a high growth tech environment is a plus!
- The base salary range for this role is $95,000-$105,000/year. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers are based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Stock Options for all new hires
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage, dental and vision offerings (with plans available at no cost to employees), as well as HSA/FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program